Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

Linked Dialogs One to Many

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Linked Dialogs One to Many

I submitted a bug report. This has to be messed up. I went and created brand new dialogs from very simple tables that don't even have foreign keys. I STILL get the error when trying to use navigation buttons.

I even tried converting the loadprimarykeys action script to xbasic, creating a function, and adding it to a button. Still doesn't work.

HOLD ON!

Click on your actionscripting for loading the primary keys and select "Convert to Xbasic" For some reason that works.

Update. ... not so much. It works so that you can navigate but it doesn't open the proper record initially.
    Last edited by -Jinx-; 01-28-2013, 08:32 PM.

Comment

Hey,

Selwyn was nice enough to help us out on this. I tested it and it seems to work.

Open up the design mode on the second dialog (the one you want to call from the first).
      Click on properties on the tree control and go to "Arguments"
      Insert a new argument and call it "importid" or whatever. Set it to numeric and Set value at run-time.
      SAVE the dialog (if you don't the next step won't work)

Go to the first dialog (the one you want to call the second dialog FROM)
      Make a button and go to that buttons onclick event.
      Select "Open a dialog component" (not the other ones to edit or whatever just the generic open)
      Pick your second dialog that you want to call (the one you set the argument in)
      Click on argument bindings and you should see "importid" in there. Double click on it and set it to the proper field in this dialog.
      Save this dialog, your now done in here.

Go back to your second dialog and open up the ondialoginitialize event.
      Put this line in there first: dim id as n = e.arguments.find("importid").data (that's where the argument value is stored)
      Next put in your populate with data from table actionscript. Inside it pick "read from variable" and say that variable id contains the primary key.
      Next put in the Load primary keys actionscript and convert it to Xbasic right away.
      Go through the xbasic and remove or comment out this line: javascriptSetPrimaryKeys = javascriptSetPrimaryKeys + "{dialog.object}.navigateRecord('first');"

That SHOULD work. It worked in my testing.

Give it a try and let me know.

Comment

Thank you Selwyn and Jinx but I may have to rebuild my Dialog as it doesn't really work. I've removed and added so many things in attempts to get this to work that I may be missing an item that needs to be removed. Right now the Dialog opens and I can navigate BUT it does not load only the related records.

I'll update more as I rebuild this.

Thanks again...Joe
        Never take a ride to the edge of your mind unless you've got a ticket back - Jon Oliva - Savatage.

Comment

In your example are each of your Dialogs based off of one table? Or do I need to establish a relationship between Brokerage and Broker on the Brokerage Dialog?

Thanks
          Joe
          Never take a ride to the edge of your mind unless you've got a ticket back - Jon Oliva - Savatage.

Comment

Mine were just test components. One had the user id's and the other had user information linked by the user id.

I would think that you would just make your second dialog exactly how you would if it would stand on it's own. Bind all the fields normally. Then go through the steps above.

In the first dialog you would bind the argument to whichever field links the two together. For instance, my second dialog used the user_id out of the first so when I set the bindings in the "open dialog" action on my first dialog I set the importid argument to be bound to user_id.

Does that make sense? Without being in your head and looking at your stuff it's a little difficult.

Comment

Sorry for the long delay. This still doesn't work and I think this is because Dialog's don't "Target" like a grid does. I think it is trying use the passed id against the wrong field.

The primary key for the Brokerage Table is Brokerage_Id

The primary key for the Broker Table is Broker_Id

The Broker table also contains contains the field Brokerage_Id that acts as the foreign key linking Brokerages and Brokers.

I think..I have to add the Broker_Id field to my Brokerage dialog and use that for the value to pass in the Argument.

Comment

Okay, so that change loads data when the Broker Dialog is opened from the Brokerage Dialog. However, it is loading and navigating through all records and not those that related to a particular Brokerage. So not there yet....

Comment

Working...
                X