Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

Software to market you business and Alpha

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Software to market you business and Alpha

I have been looking for software that innovatively and cheaply markets my business. In my research I came across a lot of youtube vidoes that show someone delivering the message through a medium where it looks like the a person is drawing on a whiteboard while narating.

I have found this medium awesome as the audience is glued to the delivery process.

Point to this. My research found a lot of suppliers and they were very costly ($1000 per minute and up). My final research found a product where I can actually do it myself. It has blown me away, how in a very short time, I was able to, with no drawing capabilities, get the result I wanted. It is based on a subscription like alpha, but very affordable. ($180 US per year) I can make as many vidoes as I want.

If you are looking for something that can deliver your marketing messages, go to http://www.sparkol.com and download their 7 day free trial. I believe you will not be dissappointed by its potential.

I hope I was not offline by putting this here, but I do see it also important to post messages that will help our buinesses grow. I have no interests in this company at all.
    -----------------------------------------------
    Regards
    Mark Pearson
    [email protected]
    Youtube channel
    Website

Re: Software to market you business and Alpha

Thanks for the link Mark. I may use this in some of my marketing.

Comment

Thank you so much! I love it. Created my first video and posted on youtube and facebook. Was able to describe my idea and show screen shots of my app with no trouble at all. Excellent product! Highly recommend!
      Creating Healthcare Work-Flow Solutions Since 2005

Comment

Omar, what is the link to your video on Youtube?
        Regards
        Keith Hubert
        Alpha Guild Member
        London.
        KHDB Management Systems
        Skype = keith.hubert

For your day-to-day Needs, you Need an Alpha Database!

Comment

Originally posted by Keith Hubert View Post
          Omar, what is the link to your video on Youtube?
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQYisLzkC_g
          Creating Healthcare Work-Flow Solutions Since 2005

Comment

That is a great video, thanks for sharing.

Have you seen this? Platform videos showing off how Tubifi http://www.tubifi.com works

Platform - http://content.tubifi.com/previews/4KbW2wmw-SPElgROg

Creative - http://content.tubifi.com/previews/2LMRaPig-SPElgROg
            Regards
            Keith Hubert
            Alpha Guild Member
            London.
            KHDB Management Systems
            Skype = keith.hubert

Comment

Awesome Keith - I think this thread recognises how hard it is to be a developer and a marketer. If we can't market, there is no point to what we do as we will not grow.

I am a troglodyte when it comes to marketing and a troglodyte's apprentice when it comes to graphics. For what it's worth this was my result on my first go with this program http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPar4JnjiZ0
              Regards
              Mark Pearson
              [email protected]
              Youtube channel
              Website

Comment

Hi Mark,

This is your fist attempt, wow!!

Only comment, a fraction too long but the points are well made. I have a low attention span.

What's next Mr Spielberg?
                Regards
                Keith Hubert
                Alpha Guild Member
                London.
                KHDB Management Systems
                Skype = keith.hubert

Comment

Omar --- Very nice. I feel inspired... is that a good thing????

Mark thanks for the link to Sparkol.
                  Regards,

John W.
                  www.CustomReportWriters.net

Comment

I think this is a great thread. Good thinking from Mark to share this with us. We have a hard time getting our businesses to grow or even sustain it under current crisis pressures. We can use all we can get our hands on. And this really looks like it delivers the message in a way that attracts and focuses the visitor. Even if you have a short attention span (really, Keith? ). I will certainly take a further look at this and see what I can do with it. Looks very promising, thanks for the great tip Mark!

Comment

Hi Mark,

Do you have a web site that describes your services? That could be a very powerful marketing tool as well. Got many projects via my web site.

Regards,

Doron
                      The Farber Consulting Group, Inc.

Web site: http://www.dFarber.com
                      Blog: http://www.dfarber.com/computer-consulting-blog.aspx
                      Alpha Five Developer
                      Convert MS Access to Web
                      Remote DBA
                      Last edited by DoronF; 02-10-2013, 12:11 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the link Mark!

I signed up for the monthly Pro account. So now, along with Inkscape and OpenClipArt, I won't get ANY A5 work done! LOL
                        Last edited by 2ninerniner2; 02-10-2013, 02:45 AM.
                        Cheers!
                        Lyle Chamney
                        http://www.2ninerniner2.com/
                        Websites rebuilt with WordPress
                        http://goodcheapfastwebsites.com/
                        Complete, ready to install WordPress websites
                        http://snifflevalve.com
                        WordPress training and tutorials

Comment

Got to agree on inkscape as well. Using that to help create vectors and have been amazed at how may video tutorials there are on youtube.

Do you have a web site that describes your services?
                          Yes I do - but I am a one man band that has a day job (which pays well, but I will be redundant by sept). All of this alpha stuff is a bit of a dream for me that I may one day find a little gold. I do more for nothing (mainly for philanthropic people) than anything else.

Believe it or not my little team video has opened an unexpected door so, fingers crossed, my future, may be bright.
                          Regards
                          Mark Pearson
                          [email protected]
                          Youtube channel
                          Website

Comment

Hi Mark,

If you decide to add more pages about Alpha Five in your web site that could help. Also you can add all video links from YouTube to your web site with description and key words, so this way you get the marketing benefit from two directions.

Regards,

Doron
                            The Farber Consulting Group, Inc.

Web site: http://www.dFarber.com
                            Blog: http://www.dfarber.com/computer-consulting-blog.aspx
                            Alpha Five Developer
                            Convert MS Access to Web
                            Remote DBA
                            Last edited by DoronF; 02-10-2013, 01:15 AM.

Comment

Thanks Doron. I am pretty lazy about my website. I guess I have been sated by my job too long. I will have to start doing something more current. Appreciate your feedback. Watch this space!
                              Regards
                              Mark Pearson
                              [email protected]
                              Youtube channel
                              Website

Comment

Working...
                              X