Alpha Video Training

Thread: Is it possible to space out radio button options in a dialog?

Real Name
    Nate Mitchell

Default Is it possible to space out radio button options in a dialog?

I have 12 fields that are radio buttons which share 4 common options. So as to not repeat the radio button choice options, I am attempting to space the static options to align with the column headers. Is it possible to add spacing between radio button choices?

Real Name
    Marion Taylor

Default Re: Is it possible to space out radio button options in a dialog?

it's a bit hard to follow your question, but.... maybe these suggestions will spur a thought in the right direction

assuming you are saying that each of the 12 fields is controlled via a single radio button (ie, it's either 'on' or 'off'), and you want 4 'grouplets' of radio buttons (so you have a set of 3, another set of 3, another set of 3 and a 4th set of 3), have you explored putting each 'grouplet' into a container?

or, perhaps the option of inserting a SPACER between the 3rd and 4th field, the 6th and 7th fields, the 9th and 10th fields would help
    MSQL since 2010
    A5V11 since Feb 2012

Real Name
    Nate Mitchell

Default Re: Is it possible to space out radio button options in a dialog?

Thank you for your reply. I recognize that I could have been a little more clear on the issue. I was attempting to create a questionnaire, consisting of 12 questions and 4 available choices for each question. Only 1 response per question was to be stored in the db. Radio buttons appeared to be the most logical control to use. However, since the 4 available choices are the same for all 12 questions, I did not want to repeat the choice options for each question. Instead, I was attempting to create a header row to describe the 4 choices, and then space out the radio buttons to align with the header row.

Since I couldn't find a way to manipulate the spacing of the radio buttons, I ended up creating a separate check box for each choice option (all 48 of them), and used a JavaScript onChange event to evaluate each row and store the value in a hidden text box. That value was then written to the db. It was a time consuming approach, but the only I could figure out how best to manage the form layout.