Alpha Video Training

Thread: Dyanmic Connection Strings and e.cn SQL::Connection object for the Grid

Real Name
    John Azzara

Default Dyanmic Connection Strings and e.cn SQL::Connection object for the Grid

My application uses or will be using dynamic connection strings. I have number of grids in which the OnAfterSQLCommandExecute and OnBeforeSQLCommandExecute events are used. Currently, on these events we are using e.cn.execute to execute our SQL. My question is does e.cn resolve the proper connection when it is a dynamic connection that is set on an a5w. page or will it use the connection string in the project profile?

Real Name
    Matt Bavis

Default Re: Dyanmic Connection Strings and e.cn SQL::Connection object for the Grid

I also need to use dynamic connection strings and would be curious to know the answer to this question.

Thanks,
    Matt

Real Name
    John Azzara

Default Re: Dyanmic Connection Strings and e.cn SQL::Connection object for the Grid

Hi Matt,

To answer the original question I asked at the start of the thread, YES if you use the connection property of any e object it will properly resolve to the dynamic connection string session variable set on an a5w page. In other words, if you you are using OnAfterSQLCommandExecute and OnBeforeSQLCommandExecute events in your components all you need to use is e.cn.execute. We've tested it and it works great. Take care.