Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

Publishing freezes at a5_application.a5i file

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Publishing freezes at a5_application.a5i file

There are a whole bunch of files that do not exist local and are generated-then-published. Some of these files used to exist local, but since they serve no purpose locally, they were dropped around V10.

Back to the a5_application.ai file, it must be being locked. I have had this problem, no fault of Alpha. Try publishing to an empty folder and see what if anything does get published. (Although not sure that really helps with understanding the problem.) Check FTP server logs, server Event logs, etc.
    Steve Wood
    See my profile on IADN

Comment

After struggling with this problem for a few months, I decided to trouble shoot this issue. I found a post at the bottom of this thread by user Hansolo that suggested that Windows firewall could be blocking the connections. I checked it out and sure enough, somewhere along the way, the exceptions for alpha5.exe were unchecked. I checked them, and voila! I was able to upload using the internal ftp again. No more having to shell out to Filezilla. This happens to be on Windows 7 Pro but I would suspect that any firewall may cause the same problem.

Merry Christmas!

Comment

I'm having similar issues with this same a5_application.a5i file and am hoping I can get some quick feed back things to try that I haven't tried yet. Below I am going to layout what is happening and what I've tried to far.

I am currently in the process of moving to new servers (both frontend and backend), which are in ZebraHosts newest facility (I currently am being hosted in ZebraHosts older facilities). My current setup is a backend server for my MySql database and a frontend server that I also use for development (the alpha anywhere development application is running on here and I publish from here using FTP to my frontend server as localhost publishing had an issue sometime ago and this was the only workaround).

My new setup will be the same except I will have a third server that is strictly setup for development (no more building on the frontend server). Therefore, I have set up publishing profiles on this new development server for FTP'ing to my current frontend server and to my new front end server. I have also setup a publishing profile on my current frontend server to publish to my new front end server so I could publish my entire set of components and everything which I did. However, I walked away as it was going to take awhile and therefore never saw it hang on the a5_application.a5i file (I'm assuming it did though). I can access the new servers site through my load balancers IP (hoping to switch the DNS tonight if I can get this issue resolved) and am able to login to the new site, however, none of my Ajax callbacks work (though the connection string is setup properly), leading me to believe this a5_application.a5i file is the culprit (am I correct in this thinking)?

I can still properly publish to my current frontend server from my current frontend server, but I am not able to publish from my new development server to the current front end server without running into this hanging issue while publishing and then my current site will no longer run Ajax callbacks and I am not able to login.

I have checked that none of the server have this file marked as read only (it exists in multiple places on each server but none of them say read only). I have also tried turning of the firewall on the new frontend server to see if that allowed the FTP to work but it didn't. I have RDPGuard running on everything and have unblocked all IPs and turned this off to no avail. I have checked and rechecked all FTP settings and I am able to FTP from both my new development server and my current front end server into the new frontend server without any issues so I know FTP is working.

As stated my hope is to get the DNS from my current site switched over to the new servers at 11:59pm so my site is likely up and running again by tomorrow morning but without this issue resolved I'm going to have a non-working site. I have added my WAS license to the instances running on the new server and have deactivated my development license in my current setup to activate it on my new development server before publishing anything to no avail.

Any ideas of what I might try next?

Comment

So just a little update:

I deleted all alpha files from both my new frontend server and dev server.

I then went through my current frontend/dev server and FTP'd all the files so they had the same file structure on both the new frontend server and the new dev server.

After doing this I could again log into the new site at the new frontend server using the IP of the load balancer but AJAX callbacks weren't working and the security wasn't working (ie opening components with security would log me out and I would get Ajax call back errors saying they couldn't get results from the database though the connection string was set up correctly).

I then tried to re-publish the security files selecting the option "Publish data tables - Publish Security tables"in the publishing window opened from the web projects panel labeled "Publish Web Security Data" and after doing so I could no longer log in.

So to prevent from repeating the delete steps and resending the files over FTP is there anything else anyone can think of that I can try to get the security working again and then after that what to do to get the SQL stuff to work?

Comment

Working...
          X