Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

a quick demo of what can be built in Alpha Five v12 which is currently in beta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a quick demo of what can be built in Alpha Five v12 which is currently in beta

One of the more sophisticated/popular/useful apps that many iPhone owners use is the "Stocks" app that comes with every iPhone and was built in Objective C using Apple's IOS

To determine how flexible and powerful Alpha Five v12/Alpha Anywhere would be, we decided to replicate that application in Alpha this past weekend.

The result is captured in this short video - because this app is built entirely in HTML5 as opposed to in Objective C for Apple (and other native langauges for Android etc,) this app will run on the desktop browser, on apple mobile devices on android devices, on Win 8 devices (including with swipe) and even on the new blackberry

http://screencast.com/t/GbUiqlJIKP
    Richard Rabins
    Co Chairman
    Alpha Software

Re: a quick demo of what can be built in Alpha Five v12 which is currently in beta

excellent !

Comment

Re: a quick demo of what can be built in Alpha Five v12 which is currently in beta

Well, that is cool in "Working Preview" ... what would sell me is seeing it on the actual iPhone ... and explaining how one is going to get it there
      Cheers!
      Lyle Chamney
      http://www.2ninerniner2.com/
      Websites rebuilt with WordPress
      http://goodcheapfastwebsites.com/
      Complete, ready to install WordPress websites
      http://snifflevalve.com
      WordPress training and tutorials

Comment

This is pretty cool but I assume you must have internet access for all apps built with alpha anywhere in order to load the a5w page in the cell phone app, is this correct? The reason I ask is sometimes the whole benefit of a native app is to allow use in offline or a limited connectivity area, for example a sales representative placing an order in the back room of a store with no connectivity. The whole product catalog and current stock levels are cached locally on the device and the native app does not need internet access to write an order, just to send it off. This is probably not an issue for most developers though.

Either way nice job and I am looking forward to the release.
        Last edited by LukeS; 04-08-2013, 06:49 PM.

Comment

Lyle,

Let me sell you into that: rt.png
          Frank

Tell me and I'll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I'll understand

Comment

Luke, there was some passing mention on one of the early AA videos of hoping to be able to utilize local storage at some point, but I'm pretty sure the assumption at this point is that internet access is available at all times.

Comment

Wish I could watch the demo on my iPad. Flash only. Really, still using flash????
              Reed Brown
              ITOT Solutions, Inc.
              Alpha v12

Comment

Frank - "No Sale"

From what the dialog says at the top, that is to 'test the component from the browser on your mobile device' ... the video showed an app simulator.

I have used other tools to do an sample app for iOS ... not a trivial undertaking
                Cheers!
                Lyle Chamney
                http://www.2ninerniner2.com/
                Websites rebuilt with WordPress
                http://goodcheapfastwebsites.com/
                Complete, ready to install WordPress websites
                http://snifflevalve.com
                WordPress training and tutorials

Comment

More details and videos

Replication of the Apple iPhone "stock" app all done in the upcoming Alpha Five v12 in 2 days.
                  Based on HTML5 – it will run on the full desktop web and on mobile devices from Apple and Android and others

Short version Video

http://screencast.com/t/GbUiqlJIKP

Slightly longer version Video

http://www.ajaxvideotutorials.com/V1...hart_part1.swf and
                  http://www.ajaxvideotutorials.com/V1...hart_part2.swf

Your quesitons and feedback are very welcome. Please email me at [email protected]

Also let me know if you want to get the beta of Alpha Five v12

Sincerely

Richard Rabins

Alpha Software.

skype richard-rabins mobile USA 617 838 4488
                  Richard Rabins
                  Co Chairman
                  Alpha Software

Comment

Lyle,

Alpha produces webapps not native apps but those webapps behave like a native app & have the look and feel of native apps. If you create an app in Alpha & then want to run it on your iPhone or iPad then the "remote test" dialog gives you some easy ways to actually run the app on your device; the QR code option is very nice. See this video: http://www.ajaxvideotutorials.com/V1...AComponent.swf
                    Frank

Tell me and I'll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I'll understand

Comment

Working...
                    X