New call-to-action

Thread: {dialog.Object}.moveUp(or down)RepeatingSectionRow(); Method and Unique ID's

Real Name
    Jinx

Default {dialog.Object}.moveUp(or down)RepeatingSectionRow(); Method and Unique ID's

I'm having a problem with using this method as it moves the unique_id field along with the other fields in the row. This causes my dialog to want to submit the "new" unique_id and I end up with an SQL error:

Code:
    8102 - '[Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 10.0][SQL Server]Cannot update identity column 'unique_id'.
    SQL State is: 42000
    [Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 10.0][SQL Server]Statement(s) could not be prepared.
    SQL State is: 42000'
    Currently, I have the unique_id field in my repeating seciton set to hidden and updateable. It works fine with {dialog.Object}.sortRepeatingSection(); for some reason, just not with move up or move down.

Has anyone else ran into this? Is there some other way that I should be binding/not binding my unique fields or is this a bug with those two methods?

Real Name
    Jinx

Default Re: {dialog.Object}.moveUp(or down)RepeatingSectionRow(); Method and Unique ID's

Anyone have an idea?

This issue is really putting a damper on what I'm trying to do with my dialog. I've got a column in my repeating section called "order". When the dialog loads it does a sort repeating section on that column. This way the user can actually change the order in which the repeating section displays both in the dialog and on the report. Unfortunately, I've had to disable the buttons that sort and move the rows because they either cause the problem I talked about in my previous post, or they play funny games with what is considered "dirty" and what's not.

Real Name
    Michael Darby

Default Re: {dialog.Object}.moveUp(or down)RepeatingSectionRow(); Method and Unique ID's

Hi

You don't need to have the unique_id field on the repeating section to make it work, but you might have it there for other reasons. If you need to leave it there then untick updateable on that field, and that should fix the problem.

Real Name
    Jinx

If I don't have a unique_id field in the repeating section that's bound and updateable I don't think it will work when I enter a new record. Right? I'm using the same dialog to both enter new records and edit existing ones. IIRC, I've always gotten an HY007 error if I didn't have a unique ID field bound on my dialogs.