Alpha Video Training

Thread: Repeating Section Row Count And Access To The Number

Real Name
    Jeff Walczak

Default Repeating Section Row Count And Access To The Number

I have a repeating section on a dialog component.

I have a button on the same dialog component that I want to hide if there are 1 or less records in the repeating section and show if there are 2 or more.

Not too big of a deal yet.

The problem is where to find the row count.

I know how to number the rows and that is not the issue. I need to know how many rows, with data, exist in the repeating section.

I know to limit the repeat count already to 1 to make sure we are not counting empty rows.

How can I access the number of rows with data there are in a repeating section?

Thank You Very Much!

Real Name
    Jinx

Default Re: Repeating Section Row Count And Access To The Number

If you want to do it with JavaScript only, take a look at the harvestRepeatingSection method with which you can choose a column and receive a comma delimited list of everything in that column. Then you can pop() it out to see how many commas are in the string. That'll tell you the number of rows. There are a couple other ways to do it with JavaScript as well.

If you can use xbasic to set a variable, its even easier as you have access to the row information in some server side events.

I'd throw up some code for you but I'm just killing some time on the forum with my phone. Hopefully this gave you a couple of ideas but if you still need help I'm sure someone else will post something or I can when I'm in front of my computer again.

Real Name
    Miles Nolan

Hi Jeff

Did you manage to resolve your issue I notice there is a JavaScript method {dialog.Object}._getRepeatingSectionRowCount(sectionName); which is fine for Java , a little more tricky in Xbasic

I am looking for a way in xbasic myself ..

thanks

Real Name
    Jeff Walczak

For now, I'm using the summary.COUNTER.count javascript to tell if there is more than 1 row in repeating section.

This works but the button I'm using needs to be enabled AFTER the data has been committed to the database, not "while" data is being entered into the fields in the repeating section. I'm guessing there has got to be some Xbasic for this too.

There are plenty of Xbasic gurus on here. Just need one of them to help us out.

They will.

Great folks here.

Real Name
    Jinx

Xbasic is something like this depending on where you are trying to access it from. This will work from some server-side events and will work from ajax callbacks:
    Code:
    function GetRowCount as c (e as p)

dim rowcount as n = e.repeatingSectionInfo[1].rowCount

GetRowCount = "alert('"+rowcount+"');"

end function
    If you want to disable a button or whatever, you check a condition and send back the javascript to do that instead of the alert I sent back just for testing purposes.

FYI
    'In addition, the e object will contain information about the repeating sections
    'e.repeatingSectionNames - a comma delimited list of the name (container ID) or each repeating section
    'e.repeatingSectionInfo - a property array with one entry for each repeating section.
    'The e.repeatingSectionInfo[] array will have these properties for each entry:
    ' - .activeRow - the row in the repeating section that had focus when the Dialog was submitted
    ' - .deletedRows - a CRLF delimited list of rows that were deleted. e.g. 1 and 3
    ' - .rowCount - a count of the number of non-deleted rows
    ' - .totalRowCount - a count of all rows in the repeating section including rows that were deleted
    ' - .fieldsInRepeating section - a CRLF delimited list of fields in the repeating section
    ' - .dirtyRowsInSection - a CRLF delimited list of rows in the repeating section that were edited. (A row that was edited, then deleted will still appear in this list).
    ' - .dirtyFieldsInSection - a CRLF delimited list of fields in the repeating section that were edited. for example: PARTNO_A5INSTANCE3 is the 'PARTNO' field in row 3.