Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

403 Forbidden - Server's Demo Mode Had Expired

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

403 Forbidden - Server's Demo Mode Had Expired

Getting the following error:

403 Forbidden

This server's demo mode has expired. This server was previously running in demo mode because it is not licensed for remote access. The demo period has expired so now this server can only process requests from the same computer on which it is running by using the URL http://localhost/.

To purchase a server license, visit the Alpha Software website at http://www.alphasoftware.com/
    I was running as Beta tester and then converted to my developer license. I can post to my Remote Server, but this is happening to me in the Live Preview and Local publishing.

Anyone else having this issue?

Re: 403 Forbidden - Server's Demo Mode Had Expired

When I had this error I tried the first thing that came into my head, restart the application server and it worked. From memory I think the session settings, session lifetime was very short as well so I extended that as well, no more problems since.

Comment

Lance,

Usually happens after I have been working for an hour or so. Installed the latest patch and it kicked in after about and hour of development time. Rebooted and it went away - but went to bed soon after that. I can still get into working preview, so its not to bad of a hurdle, but Live Preview, or publishing to the localhost is where I get the message. I am having no issues with my live application server that sits up at zebrahost. I was a few versions behind when it started, so I figured that the latest patch might fix.

Also I followed the registry fix instructions, deleting the two licensing keys as instructed, and then entering the new key in V12 when prompted.

Comment

Sorry Michael didn't explain myself.

Go to the web projects control panel, web, application server. Then alter session lifetime as in attached pic

local app server.png

Comment

Michael:
          This is normal functionality of the Dev server, it will time out after 15mins and then will only allow local host calls. This is to prevent the use of the dev version as an application server. To reset the 15 min timeout just restart the web server...that will give you another 15 mins of non-local host calls to the dev web server.

Comment

Thanks Lance and John. I set the session lifetime to be longer as suggested. John you say that it will only allow localhost calls, but it times those out as well when the 15 minutes in the default is up. This must be new feature for v12 as I cannot recall v11 doing this.

Comment

Michael, do you have an older beta? This was a known bug but was fixed a couple of weeks ago.

Lenny Forziati
              Vice President, Internet Products and Technical Services
              Alpha Software Corporation

Comment

Lenny,

This the rev that I was having the issues with and certainly the older rev when I transferred my beta license to my subscription license.

Alpha Anywhere Version (Registered): 12
                Compiler: Microsoft C Compiler version 1600
                Build: 1351 (THIS IS NOT AN UP-TO-DATE VERSION OF Alpha Anywhere)
                Addins: 4112 (THIS IS NOT AN UP-TO-DATE VERSION OF ADDINS)

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8 Pro

I will be in v12 tonight and will update to the current rev and will be in for more than an hour - that is what I set the time out to...

Comment

Originally posted by MichaelCarroll View Post
                  I will be in v12 tonight and will update to the current rev and will be in for more than an hour - that is what I set the time out to...
                  The error message you are getting has nothing to do with the session timeout. The server has an unlicensed demo mode - for the first 30 minutes after the server is started, it allows access from any client even without a server license in place. After the 30 minutes is up, non-local traffic will get the 403 message if you do not have an activated Application Server license on the server. This is independent of the session lifetime and will come into play even if the session expiration is longer or shorter than 30 minutes.

The bug was that after the 30 minutes elapsed, the server was no longer accepting local requests either. This was the incorrect operation, as local requests should always be allowed in the development environment. This was fixed in build 1359.

Lenny Forziati
                  Vice President, Internet Products and Technical Services
                  Alpha Software Corporation

Comment

Working...
                  X