Alpha Video Training

Thread: Video Showing how to build Grids and UX based on a MSSQL Many to Many Relationship

Real Name
    David Britz

Default Video Showing how to build Grids and UX based on a MSSQL Many to Many Relationship

Hi, I urgently need to know if anyone has a video showing how to build Grids and/or UX on a MSSQL Many to Many relationship. The relationship is build correctly in MSSQL with a linking table. I just do not seem to find good step by step instruction on this forum or anywhere else that shows how to do this once and for all and to settle the matter. I did see the instructions on the Alpha Blog but I miss something.

Can anyone help me by providing either a video (Preferred) or alternatively step by step instructions on how to do this. I think it is important enough that good instructions are available since Many to many relationships are quite common.

Thank you.

Real Name
    Michael Carroll

Default Re: Video Showing how to build Grids and UX based on a MSSQL Many to Many Relationshi

Check out video's D10 through D13 from the videos icon inside of Alpha. I would focus on the UX as it has some pretty nifty stuff.

Real Name
    David Britz

Default Re: Video Showing how to build Grids and UX based on a MSSQL Many to Many Relationshi

Thank you Michael, it is very helpful but I would still like to know how this will be done in grids as well.

Volunteer Moderator Steve Workings's Avatar
    Real Name
    Steve Workings

David - Michael's advice is good advice. You are likely to be more satisfied with the UX component and its facilities. Depending on what you're doing, you can embed grids into the UX or you should really consider what you can do with the List Control.
    -Steve

Real Name
    David Britz

Thank you Steve. My problem is not with using either grids or the UX but getting an actual step by step DETAILED sample of doing a MSSQL many to many relationship practically working in Alpha Five. I have search the forum and read the blog article on this but does not seem to get it working.

Since this is something that is common to relational database normalization, I would think that someone on this forum can provide detailed step by step instructions on how to do this and that there are actually videos on doing this.

It just seems that the issue get sidestepped. If anyone can provide me with detailed steps on creating a grid AND UX example of an implementation of a MSSQL many to many relationship with a linking table, I would appreciate it.