Alpha Video Training

Thread: Other Control File Upload/Download

Real Name
    Edgar Solorio

Default Other Control File Upload/Download

Hello, could anyone explain or show me a link to how data binding works on this "File Upload/Download" control in particular? i have tried a few out but have been unsuccessful on getting it to work. or is there someplace that explains how this control works?

Specifically I need to know how to setup the table field to (such as character, image location, numerical, etc.) Should i use a memo (only one i can see it say "stored internally as either character or binary (blob) data") field?
    Last edited by Archesr; 05-03-2013 at 04:50 PM. Reason: additional information

Real Name
    Edgar Solorio

Default Re: Other Control File Upload/Download

i'm going to guess either this is too bad of a question to answer XD or not many people know what i'm talking about XD

Anyone have any idea on how this control should work?

Volunteer Moderator Steve Workings's Avatar
    Real Name
    Steve Workings

I think you need to be more clear.

Are you uploading and downloading images to a table, or to another folder? With any reference in the table?

What back-end database are you using?

And I have no idea what XD is here -- if you think no one knows then maybe you should explain what you're doing a little better?
    -Steve

Real Name
    Edgar Solorio

Well i was trying to find more information on the controller itself. All other controls i have been able to find some reference as to how they work, but this one no such luck; possibly i'm just not looking in the right places.

I was also wondering what type of field it would be bound to.

DBF database, trying to get this control (along with a button to upload/download) to upload to a folder on the server, but i have noticed it copies on to the session folder but nothing after that, it does not move it into any type of folder i select, i have tried a reference and a full path folder.

I think the issue might be on the web security settings, but i am unable to edit this on the server unless i'm running the database on the server itself. i will try that later on see if that helps.

As for your last sentence it looks like there is a misunderstanding, XD is somewhat like , used purely as an emoticon. sorry for the miscommunication.

Clarifications:
    Uploading files - No images, files such as PDF or Excel, to a folder on the server.
    DBF Database Structure
    The field type I am using is a Character, this is also where i think i'm wrong. But I am assuming this is not the same as uploading a picture (jpeg or png field)
    The field would be the reference, unless i am mistaken i do not believe an uploaded file would need 2 fields on a table.

Whenever this control is bound to a field i get this error: "Error:Script:A5W Code line:110 Property not found tmpl.page_fields[] subelement not found."

Sorry if some of the things i say do not make sense, a lot of lingo is program specific (such as a table in a word document compared to a table in Alpha Five)
    Last edited by Archesr; 05-06-2013 at 06:28 PM. Reason: Clarifications

Real Name
    Richard

Hello Edgar,

Were you able to resolve the "Error:Script:A5W Code line:110 Property not found tmpl.page_fields[] subelement not found." issue?
    I have exactly the same problem.

Thank.
    Rich
    Richard
    --------------------------------------------------------
    Find the Good and Praise It
    Alex Haley

Real Name
    Edgar Solorio

Sadly no, I'm still looking for information on how to bind the upload/download control. it seems to have an error with any type of field i bind it to.

Will post my findings ^.^