Alpha Video Training

Thread: Error printing report to pdf or Word

Real Name
    Terry Futrell

Default Error printing report to pdf or Word

I have a project report that prints in html, with option buttons for converting to pdf or Word. The html version displays in a window and prints properly to a networked printer. When i press either the pdf or Word button, I receive the error message shown below, which indicates that my security credentials do not allow access to this resource. I don't understand what additional security credentials are required beyond those that display the initial print window in html. Anyone had the pleasure of this experience?

Terry

Screen Shot 2013-05-05 at 7.35.20 PM.png

Real Name
    Terry Futrell

Default Re: Error printing report to pdf or Word

I reported this as a bug at 2:21 PM today. After a couple of email exchanges with Selwyn, I received notification from Jerry at 4:04 PM that the problem has been identified and will be fixed in the next patch. The problem occurs when a report is displayed with HTML as the initial view. Optional buttons should enable the report to be converted to PDF or Word formats and saved - pressing either of these buttons resulted in the 403 permissions error noted in the original post. In more than 30 years, I have never dealt with another software company that is this responsive in resolving issues. I continue to be amazed.

Terry