Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

Lookup flyout grid works on localhost but not on the web server

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lookup flyout grid works on localhost but not on the web server

I have a tool requisition that is set up on a dialog2 component with a repeating section. In the non-repeating section of the tool requisition is a field that requires a value from another table.
    I set up a Lookup for the field using a small grid.

Lookup Flyout fails.jpg

The lookup/flyout grid works perfectly in working preview and on the localhost through a browser.

However, once I have published the files to the web server, clicking on the lookup button beside the field does nothing - no errors in FireBug, no flyout lookup grid, nothing.

Looking at the DOM, the button appears to have a function and code connected to it. The button is not disabled and highlights when I hover over it with the mouse.

Lookup Flyout fails DOM.jpg

I have tried IE and FireFox, both with pop-ups enabled and I have checked the security files etc. but I can't find anything that would cause this behavior.

I have a hyperlink field on the same requisition form that pops up a larger window for editing a notes field. This pop-up/flyout performs correctly regardless of the environment.

I also have buttons on the form that open other selection windows on the form that also work correctly regardless of the environment.

I would like to know why these specific lookup buttons are being ignored when the dialog is being accessed from the web server.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Peter

Re: Lookup flyout grid works on localhost but not on the web server

hello

I set up a Lookup for the field using a small grid.
    did you publish the the grid that is being used for the lookup?

my suspicion is based on the thinking: since that grid is available in the localhost everything is working, but it may not be available in the web server so nothing is happening.
    thanks for reading

gandhi

version 11 3381 - 4096
    mysql backend
    http://www.alphawebprogramming.blogspot.com
    [email protected]
    1 914 924 5171

Comment

Hi Gandhi

Thanks for the suggestion - it does make sense. I have published everything to the web server but just to make sure, I just cleared out the webroot on the server and republished everything. No luck.

Puzzling for sure.

Peter

Comment

hello
        this is the video to show you the lookup works when published to webserver
        the creation of the dialog is in another post
        http://screencast.com/t/0Hu5s4TDvUvs

creation of the dialog used to demonstrate is here
        http://screencast.com/t/u0nqh7rFvOb7
        thanks for reading

gandhi

version 11 3381 - 4096
        mysql backend
        [email protected]
        1 914 924 5171

Comment

Hi Gandhi

Thank you very much for taking the time to make those videos - they were very clear and informative. At this point, I do have a dialog with a repeating section that works as yours does, populating my tables correctly etc. My only issue is with the lookup grids like your Vendor and Item ID fields.

This morning, I added the individual lookup grids to my tabbedui to make sure that they worked on their own and indeed, they are both accessible and work correctly.

However, when I click on the lookup button beside the field on the main dialog, as you did in your Vendor and Item ID fields, nothing happens - no pop-up window, no lookup grid, no errors in the FireBug console, nothing. And as I mentioned in my first post, both buttons work perfectly in working preview and when published to the localhost. They just don't work when published to the web server.

Peter

Comment

one other question:
            did you set the path alias in your publishing profile?
            since the web server is somewhere else ( i think ) you should set the alias so alpha knows where to look for the grid.

go to the profile you are using to publish and check the alias. if you set it correct to the folder in the web server it might resolve the issue.
            Last edited by GGandhi; 05-27-2013, 09:34 AM.
            thanks for reading

gandhi

version 11 3381 - 4096
            mysql backend
            [email protected]
            1 914 924 5171

Comment

Hi Gandhi

I have checked the alias and I believe that it is set correctly. It appears that Alpha knows where to get the lookup grids as I added them individually to my tabbedUI this morning just for testing and both of them came up without a problem.

Peter

Comment

Originally posted by gfspeter View Post
                It appears that Alpha knows where to get the lookup grids as I added them individually to my tabbedUI this morning just for testing and both of them came up without a problem.
                FYI: The alias points to the data, not to the components. So as Gandhi says, make sure your web alias points to the data source. Of course, if it didn't, then you would not see any data at all on the web site.
                Peter
                AlphaBase Solutions, LLC

[email protected]
                https://www.alphabasesolutions.com

Comment

Thanks for the FYI Peter - I do understand that the alias points to the data and not the components - and that is what is frustrating about this little issue. The grids are accessible on their own but not through the "lookup" function from the dialog component - at least not on the web server (no problem on localhost)

I think I have a pretty good understanding of the pieces of the project and how they fit together. I have worked through some complex issues using the DOM, HTML and script areas of FireBug and have most of the difficult parts of the application working very well.

It is hard to correct something when you don't get even so much as an error - just a click and nothing.

Peter

Comment

okay
                    i do not have answers but only questions:
                    when something works well in preview or local host but not on the web server
                    these are the questions to be answered
                    1> all the components involved in the matter published to the web server.
                    2> path alias set correctly
                    3> if you have access to the web server check and see if the concerned components exist in the web root.

at least not on the web server (no problem on localhost)
                    i hope somebody else can chime in to help you at this point.
                    good luck.
                    Last edited by GGandhi; 05-27-2013, 02:30 PM.
                    thanks for reading

gandhi

version 11 3381 - 4096
                    mysql backend
                    [email protected]
                    1 914 924 5171

Comment

Re: Lookup flyout grid works on localhost but not on the web server - Resolved

Hi Gandhi

I have resolved the issue (in a roundabout way).

I have been working on this project on and off for just over a year and have been keeping the server updated with the latest versions along the way - or so I thought.

I received an error message from the server at one point an noticed that the WAS version signature didn't seem to be the latest - turns out it was 3 versions back. For some reason, the last couple of updates didn't work properly or for some reason the server was restored to a point in time before these last couple of updates. Regardless of how this happened, as soon as I applied the latest update to bring the server into line with my development system, the lookup/flyouts started working correctly again.

So, in addition to your list of questions

1> all the components involved in the matter published to the web server.
                      2> path alias set correctly
                      3> if you have access to the web server check and see if the concerned components exist in the web root.
                      you need to add

4> make sure the server version and your development version are in sync

Thanks for your help though and the videos were very insightful.

Peter

Comment

Working...
                      X