New call-to-action

Thread: Show/Hide Embedded Grid Action Button From Parent Dialog

Real Name
    Ian Mackie

Default Show/Hide Embedded Grid Action Button From Parent Dialog

Perhaps I've been burning the midnight oil far to much of late or I'm simply losing it. It feels like it should be quite simple. I have a "Power Search" with an embedded grid that the filters are applied to. I need to Show or hide an action button in the embedded grid based on a single value in a check box on the parent dialog.

Details : Checkbox(ENTRY_TYPE) choices = Green,Green-Transfer, Kiln-Dried, KD-Transfer, Log.
    Dependencies: Action button using CurrentGridFilter() for opening grid to update record's pricing in a workspace (div).

Picture below is a few days work behind but it gets the point across.
    The button on the bottom of the right grid (PriceByGrid) is what i want show only if "Green" is selected in the dialog filter. I'm working on making it so that only one Check box can be checked at a time, if the user checks another box the previous is unchecked...i think i just missed something stupid somewhere and I'm probably a couple hours from sleep deprived hallucinations. Im not sure but this may fix my problem but I'm not sure yet as it seems like the show expression is working on the currently selected row. But I have a board meeting Tuesday to present to program to them and this is one of 3 issues i have left. Looking for some insight on how to handle this with the real estate i have. Big problem is a lot of our clerical staff is either elderly or their vision is not so well so the resolutions are never above 1600x900

As is show/hide expression is ENTRY_TYPE = "Green" and it works kinda but if there is no filter applied and the user selects a row with green and hits the button it throws an sql error because the grid its loading is only for that entry type. Just want to protect the users from themselves...always

Pricing Green.JPG

Real Name
    Ian Mackie

Default Re: Show/Hide Embedded Grid Action Button From Parent Dialog

Really tired, perhaps should just stop and get some sleep. Changed Checkbox to Radio....{head.Object}.setValueFrom(FACE,PALM) now just to figure out a bogus filter to keep one of the action buttons from being enabled without a filter..or get the grid to not show records until a filter is applied...
    Last edited by Jester0311; 06-08-2013 at 11:30 PM. Reason: typos

Real Name
    Ian Mackie

Have to love it when you figure your own problem's out. Take away the default value for the radio button and in the onInitializeComplete event {dialog.Object}.setValue('ENTRY_TYPE_CHKBOX','Green'). Atleast this way only a relevant button is shown always. works for me. Sorry if i wasted anyone's time trying to help me out. Im all for any better solution thought

Real Name
    Ian Mackie

Since I'm losing it and posting to myself already ill update the final solution. After the onInitializeComplete trial of which i thought was working in fact was only working on the cached grid component. So to fix this instead of doing a timer to allow the grid to be completely rendered before trying to apply a filter to it, in the grid's onGridRenderComplete even i put the following:

var parent = {grid.Object}.getParentObject();
    parent.setValue('ENTRY_TYPE_CHKBOX','Green')

Hope this helps someone else out sleep deprived or not.

Side note hate it when you call it a night and go lay down and have an epiphany and have to get back up to finish it