Alpha Video Training

Thread: New Application Server - Analyze Web Access Logs - A5W_AnalyzeWebAccessLogs()

Real Name
    Reed Brown

Default New Application Server - Analyze Web Access Logs - A5W_AnalyzeWebAccessLogs()

Not sure if I'm doing something incorrect. I turned on this and created the A5W page. It let's you select the date of the log you want to analyze but then it just spins and spins telling you to wait. Has anyone got this to work?

Former Alpha Employee JerryBrightbill's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jerry Brightbill

Default Re: New Application Server - Analyze Web Access Logs - A5W_AnalyzeWebAccessLogs()

As the release notes indicate, there should be no other HTML on the page when viewing the source code

To run on a web page, create a page with only this in the source HTML
    Code:
    <%a5
    ?A5W_AnalyzeWebAccessLogs()
    %>
    The function will create the complete page HTML code.

if you place the function in a regular page in the body section, the function will build and return the chart or list, but the return JavaScript can't fill the <div> that holds the output.

Real Name
    Reed Brown

Default Re: New Application Server - Analyze Web Access Logs - A5W_AnalyzeWebAccessLogs()

Thanks Jerry, I tried that but it never fills in the data.

Real Name
    Reed Brown

Not sure how long "Will take some time" is...

Real Name
    Reed Brown

Disregard, it is working now. Thanks. I had other things in the source HTML.

Former Alpha Employee JerryBrightbill's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jerry Brightbill

Quote Originally Posted by reedallenbrown View Post
    Not sure how long "Will take some time" is...
    The function has been in Alpha Anywhere for some time but was undocumented as it used a slow "brute force" method to parse the data and build the charts. The function was recently completely rewritten and is much faster.

Most charts and lists will now display in a few seconds. However, it is still possible that some access logs may have never been rotated and could be very large. Creating the list or chart could take longer, depending on the size of the file or the speed of the server. Some very large logs could still take up to 10-15 seconds to analyze, which is a long time on a web page.

"Certified" Alphaholic Clipper87's Avatar
    Real Name
    Frank

Just got word of Jerry that this function is using the GrBlue style so make sure you load that somewhere: definitely makes it all look better.
    Frank

Tell me and I'll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I'll understand