Alpha Video Training
Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Possible LIST problem - changing data in a Filtered List that changes the filtered status.

  1. #1
    Member CarlMPearson's Avatar
    Real Name
    Carl M. Pearson
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    288

    Default Possible LIST problem - changing data in a Filtered List that changes the filtered status.

    Testing has show this mobile problem with a filtered list.

    I have a filtered list on a mobile application. If I change data that affects the criteria for the filter, the changed data appears to be applied to more that one list entry.

    I have 200 items in the filtered list on a zero balance.

    If I change the balance on an entry, that entry immediately evaporates from the list and the changed balance is incorrectly applied to more than one list entry. Not all, but more than one.

    If I do the same operations when the list is not filtered, no problem.

    Early in the testing process, but this one might be deadly.

    Hope I am wrong.
    Carl ~ Dallas, TX
    I'm so old that pool balls came with Roman Numerals

  2. #2
    "Certified" Alphaholic
    Real Name
    David Kates
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Unionville, ON
    Posts
    7,819

    Default Re: Possible LIST problem - changing data in a Filtered List that changes the filtered status.

    Can you supply a test case with static list data? Otherwise there's really nothing to go on here.

  3. #3
    Member CarlMPearson's Avatar
    Real Name
    Carl M. Pearson
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    288

    Default Re: Possible LIST problem - changing data in a Filtered List that changes the filtered status.

    I agree, but I'm into late testing and everything is cool as long as I don't have a client-side filter in place.

    If I have a client-side filter active, and DON'T change data that affects the filter, all is good.

    If I change data that falls prey to the filter, other entries in the list catch the data from another row, and the host SQL data now has invalid data.

    I'll try to recreate it with static data.

    I just wanted to send up a flare that something might happen if you are messing with a client-side mobile filter and change data that gets that entity tossed from the list by the filter.

    Most upsetting at this late stage in development.

    ====================================

    ADDED: It looks like the filter is INSTANTLY applied when I change data affecting the filter.

    Example:
    Filter: Balance > 10000
    then: Set Balance to 11000
    POOF: Record is gone from the list, and further changes land on adjacent record in the list even though I had not yet updated the list from the details.

    I hope it is my bug and not in the LIST objects.
    Last edited by CarlMPearson; 03-28-2015 at 07:11 AM.
    Carl ~ Dallas, TX
    I'm so old that pool balls came with Roman Numerals

Similar Threads

  1. Searchable Filtered List (PLEASE HELP)
    By BCJack in forum Mobile & Browser Applications
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-03-2015, 02:22 AM
  2. Export Filtered List Problem
    By Adrian_ in forum Mobile & Browser Applications
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-22-2014, 12:51 PM
  3. Totaling on a list when filtered.
    By PhilM in forum Mobile & Browser Applications
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-29-2014, 09:20 PM
  4. Array Filtered List
    By johnkoh in forum Alpha Five Version 9 - Desktop Applications
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-25-2011, 04:21 PM
  5. Double filtered list
    By The Mage in forum Application Server Version 10 - Web/Browser Applications
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-03-2010, 07:03 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •