Alpha Video Training

Thread: Row Selector Icon In Repeating Section Above Row

"Certified" Alphaholic iRadiate's Avatar
    Real Name
    Stephen

Default Row Selector Icon In Repeating Section Above Row

I've checked 'Has active row selector' on a repeating section. The properties say that this will put an icon to the left of each repeating section instance.
    My row selector icon shows up above the row not to the left as indicated. This causes each row to be double height and is not attractive. This is what happens:

Row Selector.jpg

I've played around with row width properties but nothing I do makes the icon appear at the left of the row.
    Does this work for anyone else?

"Certified" Alphaholic CharlesParker's Avatar
    Real Name
    Charles Parker

Default Re: Row Selector Icon In Repeating Section Above Row

is there enough room for the fields? In other words the fields may need to be smaller if you have a fixed width for the container - that would shift things. Try setting your field propertie width to something like 60px each and see if when they are smaller you get different results. I guess beyond that you may have some padding issues in your style moving things. I have several UX components with the arrow right in line with the fields, so I see no other reason. good luck and post back!

"Certified" Alphaholic iRadiate's Avatar
    Real Name
    Stephen

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesParker View Post
    is there enough room for the fields? In other words the fields may need to be smaller if you have a fixed width for the container - that would shift things. Try setting your field propertie width to something like 60px each and see if when they are smaller you get different results. I guess beyond that you may have some padding issues in your style moving things. I have several UX components with the arrow right in line with the fields, so I see no other reason. good luck and post back!
    Charles, that's it! I was using % for the field widths and they added up to 100%. No room left for the icon. Good call and thanks

Row Selector.jpg

"Certified" Alphaholic CharlesParker's Avatar
    Real Name
    Charles Parker

Glad I could help! I had a similar experience that drove me nuts because I work with two different monitors with different resolutions, so yeah the form looked "wrong" on one of them...the one I would preview on - its funny now but then it was working my nerves, lol.