Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

dialog - working preview not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dialog - working preview not working

I had a problem in the dialog using version 11 3044-4041.
    when I set the dialog to add another record it did not add a new record, just changed the record just added.
    so I thought this is a problem and will be fixed in the new version.
    so I tested the same dialog in the new version, it seems working alright, but when I click on the working preview
    the message comes: access denied.
    see the picture below.

but live preview works fine.
    version: version 11 3381-4096
    is there something I need to do?

edit: i noticed another post in version 12 similar to this.
    i am also using windows 8.1
    will test on windows 7 later when i get to the office.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by GGandhi; 10-20-2013, 06:56 AM. Reason: edit added.
    thanks for reading

gandhi

version 11 3381 - 4096
    mysql backend
    http://www.alphawebprogramming.blogspot.com
    [email protected]
    1 914 924 5171

Re: dialog - working preview not working

Getting the same error in working preview on a desktop app in A5V11 when running windows 8.1 - OK with windows 8, 7 etc. Build 3381/4096

Comment

Hi I'm also getting this error, anyone have a solution? Alpha Five V11 - Windows 8.1

Comment

I am having this issue using A511 and windows 7. In both grid and dialog working preview. Error: "Access is denied". Data from the server will populate into the component and all of my xbasic functions execute from onDialogInitialize and onDialogExecute. However, the error occurs whenever I try to submit data back to the server or call another component. Consequently, I can't run the debug.

Comment

Bumping this up as I'm having the same problem now.

Comment

Sorry that I didn't respond in October. I uninstalled IE 11 and it solved this and other problems. This thread may be of some help as well: http://msgboard.alphasoftware.com/al...344#post660344

Comment

I don't have a current version of V12, but believe this must have been fixed by now. Alpha's solution for V11 users is:

Due to changes from Microsoft, Alpha Five v11 will no longer function properly when used with Internet Explorer 11 (IE11).

The way Microsoft has set it up, IE11 is a mandatory update for anyone using Windows 8.1, and is a recommended update for Windows 7 users.

With the changes in IE11, core components of Alpha Five v11's developer interface will cease to function, including the HTML Editor, the Style Builder, and a number of other areas as well. (Since Alpha Five v11 was built long before IE11 existed, there was obviously no way for Alpha to have anticipated what Microsoft would do with future versions of Internet Explorer.)

What's the solution for you?

If you have already downloaded IE11 or Windows 8.1, or if you plan on doing so in the future, it is important that you upgrade to the Alpha Anywhere (Alpha Five v12) Developer Edition. Alpha Anywhere is fully compatible with IE11, Windows 8.1, and all other major browsers, and we will continue to provide updates for any changes as they occur.

So, the fix for this in V11 is buy V12.

Comment

Thanks, Jon. I had a slight panic, as I thought there was something wrong with my install. My initial thought is to roll back to IE 10. That being said, I also have v12 developer running on my PC and am now concerned that THIS will not work properly with IE10. Paranoid speculation or intelligent foresight?

Comment

Happy to report paranoid speculation. I rolled back to Windows 7 and V11 and V12 work fine.

Comment

Bumping this up as I too am having the same problem and no, I will not be buying v12 for a bug fix.
                    Rapid Development, Training, Support
                    http://data2web.network
                    903-740-2549

Comment

IE11 issue that has been discussed a few times in the forum. Roll back ie11 back to ie10. Works fine for win8.0 & win7

Comment

In "Windows Features" I unchecked Internet Explorer 11, rebooted, and am now without ANY Internet Explorer.
                        Microsoft will only provides IE10 for Windows 7 users.
                        I am on Windows 8.1 and I do not want to spend the entire day rolling back my entire system just to have IE10.
                        What do I do now?
                        I need friggin Working Preview to work.
                        I am NOT buying v12 and their ridiculous fees.
                        903-740-2549

Comment

Basically, Win 8.1 sucks. As mentioned earlier, the rollback does not work for Win 8.1 because ie11 is THE native browser and therefore if you disable it, then you have no earlier version of IE for applications like Alpha 5 v11 to use. Win 8.0's native browser is still ie10, so even after ie11 is applied via an update patch, in theory you can still rollback (disable) the upgrade and still have the native ie10 browser to work with. Win7 is dead easy to roll back to ie10.

I do not know of an easy solution for you. Try ie10 emulation mode in ie11, and I doubt you can install ie10 on a Win8.1 machine.

To use working preview, I recommend you set up a Win7 64-bit machine for v11 development. A decent new Win7 laptop will cost you $300 which is cheaper than a v12 annual subscription :)

I plan on continuing with v11 for the next 5 years at least. I have a stable v11 application that I am happy with, and I will stick with a Win7 development platform for this duration.

Comment

Alpha Anywhere is fully compatible with IE11, Windows 8.1, and all other major browsers
                            If they can do this with v12, why can't they do this with v11?
                            903-740-2549

Comment

You make a very excellent point.

Alpha Anywhere was release June 19 2013. The last v11 pre-release was Sept 2013. Win8.1 was released later in Oct 17 2013.

Alpha may have taken the view that v11 support is over. However, not fixing this reeks of strong-arm tactics to force some over to v12. Ethically, they should fix it once it is not "overly" onerous (ie. a complete code overhaul).

They want to move everyone over to a ongoing annual subscription fee as per v12. Currently v11 does not require an annual subscription fee into the future, and this is a key reason why we all want to stick with v11. I would love to pay a much smaller v11 annual fee and retain some level of ongoing "support" from Alpha (say $200 per year). Support is important because the world is constantly changing - Google could change they mapping interface, or Windows could introduce changes to IE or the operating system.

But they have been silent on this possibility. Am I the only v11 user willing to pay a smaller fee and who strongly feels that Alpha should step up to the plate with v11 support?

Comment

Working...
                              X