Alpha Video Training

Thread: Where to find a list of all the Pre-Release Builds for Alpha Anywhere (Alpha Five Version 12)

Real Name
    Reed Brown

Default Where to find a list of all the Pre-Release Builds for Alpha Anywhere (Alpha Five Version 12)

Anybody know where I can find this list so I can roll back a few?

Thanks

Real Name
    Edgar Solorio

Default Re: Where to find a list of all the Pre-Release Builds for Alpha Anywhere (Alpha Five Version 12)

As far as i know, at the bottom of the update page (not sure if i am allowed to post it) there is a link to see previous versions.

if you need to see the link for downloads in Alpha Anywhere go to Help then download patches

Real Name
    Reed Brown

Default Re: Where to find a list of all the Pre-Release Builds for Alpha Anywhere (Alpha Five Version 12)

Bottom of what update page?

Real Name
    Edgar Solorio

On alpha anywhere developer go to the help menu, second to last should be Download Patches.

this will open a website, on that webpage at the bottom there is a link that reads "Previous Updates Click here to access previously released updates"

That link goes to Full Runtime and Application Server updates separated by version

Real Name
    Reed Brown

Those are not the Pre-Releases that I'm look for. I do not want updates I want past Pre-releases.

"Certified" Alphaholic
    Real Name
    Chris Tappan

Based on my own looking and previous posts related to this, I don't think they're available anywhere. What build are you trying to get?

Real Name
    Reed Brown

The pre-Release before Oct. 22nd

Former Alpha Employee JerryBrightbill's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jerry Brightbill

Are you having a problem with the current pre-release? There are a number of fixes in the current pre-release to fix a few bugs in earlier builds.

Real Name
    Reed Brown

Build 1741-4207 22-Oct-2013 7:55 AM broke my Web2Cal. It no longer brings up the data in the dialog.

Real Name
    Brad Weaver

This may not help you now but when I download a prerelease I save it with _pr_version appended where version would be 1421-4207 yesterday and that way I can backtrack through previous versions if a breaking issue is introduced. This also allows me to report to Alpha exactly when a bug was introduced..which version so that it helps them trace their changes that might have caused it.
    Brad Weaver, President
    ComputerAid International
    Ottawa ON Canada
    Versailles KY USA
    www.compuaid.com

Former Alpha Employee JerryBrightbill's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jerry Brightbill

If a pre-release broke a feature, please follow the instructions on the pre-release page and send in a bug report with an example. If we don't know about a problem, we can't fix it

Real Name
    Reed Brown

Thanks Brad, I will do just that.

Real Name
    Reed Brown

Jerry, it turned out that if I did a complete reinstall to Build 1743-4208 everything works. When I just installed the patch my Web2Cal would not pull the data. Thanks

"Certified" Alphaholic CharlesParker's Avatar
    Real Name
    Charles Parker

reed does the calendar work for you in the latest release? I am having an issue, web2cal support team logged into my app, sent me two keys and has determined it is an alpha issue and I need to contact them. I stayed on hold for 30 minutes last week with no answer and hung up. I will try again next week after the holidays unless I can find recourse here. I have done a fresh install of the latest v12 update as of last night to both the app and the server. everything works as expected in live preview with no errors but does not show up online. If I include the event UX on the same page as the cal comp I get a sql error (API not installed...) when I try to submit an event.

"Certified" Alphaholic mikeallenbrown's Avatar
    Real Name
    Mike Brown

He (we) are running 1755-4215 and our Web2Cal works fine. Pre-releases are not meant for live production. You're taking a chance if you use them.

You can report pre-release bugs to Alpha here: a5v12bugs@alphasoftware.com
    Mike Brown - Contact Me
    Programmatic Technologies, LLC
    Programmatic-Technologies.com
    Independent Developer & Consultant