Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

Phonegap & Alpha Anywhere

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Phonegap & Alpha Anywhere

I trust many of you have read this article :

http://alphasoftware.net/building-na...y-and-quickly/

I have indeed follow this article and construct the phonegap native apps as described in above article.

I often wonder how many of you have actually do the same thing,
    unsure if this is a proper place to have a quick survey and to know where we are at ?

1) Have you tried the simplest app with a "Beep" function ?
    2) Have you use/download the phonegap sample UX supplied by Alpha ?
    3) Have you paid the $ 99 IOS developer license fee and successfully install the sample app into IOS devices ?
    4) Can you get the scanning function to work ?
    5) Have you tried running Ajax Callback directly from your device ?

my answer to above

1) yes, working well the first time, absolutely no problem, lesson well done
    2) yes i have and easy to implement, working on both NEXUS 7" tablet , Iphone 4S & Ipad 2nd generation
    3) yes, I paid the $99 and after few rounds of trial & error ... I also have successfully load my sample app into IOS
    4) No, the scanning feature never work on any of my devices and I have not done any serious troubleshooting, partly i do not know how and I expect a good sample produced should work by default
    5) I tried the stand alone Ajax call back from any of my device back to my WAS server for the purpose of refreshing my list box data, unfortunately I could not make it to work as default, again do not know how to go about troubleshooting it.

appreciate your input, acknowledge other critical topics that one need to understand & can be the stopper, which are not asked in above survey
    ie :

- NODEJS, again perfect documentation and I had no trouble at all
    - Phonegap
    - Phonegap Built account setup etc
    - How to download app into android or IOS

T H A N K S

Re: Phonegap & Alpha Anywhere

Ken,

I have been working quite a bit with the PhoneGap app and actually have had not one problem with the integration as of yet. I have done all five of the items you have asked about. My suspicion is that you do not have a plugin loaded that is mandatory for the scanner. Make sure to read the documentation closely.

You will need to subscribe as an Apple Developer to test or distribute and iOS app.

Comment

Hi Max,

Thanks for the reply and yes I have Apple developer subscription and Google as well,
      spent my $ 125 in total to support these testing.

I will read the article once more to see where/how to insert

Scanner Plugin as you mentioned ... I honestly do not worry so much
      trust it will eventually work out,

One thing I am interested the most would be "ajax call back" directly from Phonegap native back to a WAS server
      appreciate guidance from any one that has done it, a simplest ux example would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Comment

I have deleted my projects twice and re-do,
        I am happy to tell everyone that it finally working 100% ....

So how many of you have tried the Phonegap ?
        can you share your experience ,,,,

One topic remain not working for me is

"perform an Ajax Callback" to my WAS server from my mobile device
        with phonegap loaded.

I have inserted the 2 primary requirement (that I know off)

URL For Ajax Callback - > filled with my server as http://192.168.1.222:900
        Allowed Access Origin ---> *

Is there anything else that we need to worry about ?

I have a simple "list" populated via SQL.
        as it , is loaded with the initial data ...

I am placing a button to do a call back for purpose to refresh my list .

appreciate feedback if you have done something similar.

Thanks

Comment

Ken,

I have the exact same issue. Ajax not working on my intranet. I too pointed the URL to the IP address and get no results. Did you ever get yours to work?

Steve

Comment

If you're publishing to a folder inside A5Webroot you must include the folder the URL.

Also... make sure you actually publish the component.

This does work.

Comment

I was wondering along the same lines.

The stand alone demo app is nice just to show the PhoneGap and Alpha working together. But the production version of that demo should have included a sample app that explain what you need to do to make ajax callback to your alpha server, where to put URL and how.

I love videos that are provided but often they don't deal with real world situations.

Answer to your questions.
              1) No, that is not what I need.
              2) No, I already had a working mobile browser app version and just converted that as Alpha worked on mobile for year now and that was redundant.
              3) Yes. it's a small price but should be mentioned in the video tutorials.
              4) if you mean the QR codes, then yes. But phonegap interface needs more descriptions, Hydration function which sounds useful, doesn't fully work with alpha apps.
              5) Yes. But but only from a good guess.

Comment

Working...
              X