Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

Scheduling Software

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scheduling Software

Hello
    Our V10 application enables the user to enter
    Date
    Time
    Contract ID
    Employee
    End Date
    End TIme
    Does anyone know of any third party scheduling software we can export the data
    Into calendar software.
    We want to be able to have a calendar per employee.

The requirements are primarily to see a visual of each employees time and Contract assigned.

Any changes will be made in our application and then exported.
    25 employees who could each do a maximum of 6 appointments per day Monday to Friday.

Needs to be desktop.

Many thanks
    Alex
    Database Software Solutions Limited
    www.dbasesolution.co.uk
    http://www.precise360.co.uk
    PRECISE360 -
    LYNCHPIN -

Re: Scheduling Software

I know this may sound like odd advice but why not just use google calendar? All of your needs could be met with no programming and simple calendar sharing - you can also use tasks - which has a great app/widget for android phones.
    I actually kept track of pay periods and amounts on it once for a subcontractor and still use it to allow a guy in PA to schedule work her wants me to do for him here in LA
    He just puts the item on our shared calendar and I get an alert on my phone via email and calendar notifications.

Like I said, it may sound odd to give advice outside of using Alpha but to me Alpha can do anything but in the end, why reinvent the wheel?
    Now, if you were going to sell a product that does this then of course you cannot sell a google calendar.
    Also you cannot create, lookups and such but you can use google docs, and drive for storage - and you can actually create forms from excel sheets.

With some imagination you can do a tremendous amount. Frankly I am wondering why google doesn't see the potential here to create a small business software suite in a single package - they have all of the components.
    NWCOPRO: Nuisance Wildlife Control Software My Application: http://www.nwcopro.com "Without forgetting, we would have no memory at all...now what was I saying?"

Comment

Oh, also Jim,s calendar component would fit the bill for your needs. Its cheap and pretty easy to integrate. I also noticed he provides excellent customer service if you have a question or two after reading the helps files (which are very good).
      http://iadn.com/store.a5w
      NWCOPRO: Nuisance Wildlife Control Software My Application: http://www.nwcopro.com "Without forgetting, we would have no memory at all...now what was I saying?"

Comment

Originally posted by CharlesParker View Post
        I know this may sound like odd advice but why not just use google calendar? All of your needs could be met with no programming and simple calendar sharing - you can also use tasks - which has a great app/widget for android phones.
        I actually kept track of pay periods and amounts on it once for a subcontractor and still use it to allow a guy in PA to schedule work her wants me to do for him here in LA
        He just puts the item on our shared calendar and I get an alert on my phone via email and calendar notifications.

Like I said, it may sound odd to give advice outside of using Alpha but to me Alpha can do anything but in the end, why reinvent the wheel?
        Now, if you were going to sell a product that does this then of course you cannot sell a google calendar.
        Also you cannot create, lookups and such but you can use google docs, and drive for storage - and you can actually create forms from excel sheets.

With some imagination you can do a tremendous amount. Frankly I am wondering why google doesn't see the potential here to create a small business software suite in a single package - they have all of the components.
        Hello Charles

Thanks for your input, but we sell the application to end users.

Had it been for internal use, then Google may have been a possibility.

Thanks for your help. It is very much appreciated.

Kind regards

Alex
        www.dbasesolution.co.uk
        PRECISE360 -
        LYNCHPIN -

Comment

My understanding is that Jim's calendar component is for web applications only.

Kind Regards

Alex
          www.dbasesolution.co.uk
          PRECISE360 -
          LYNCHPIN -

Comment

One more post - I know you were asking about exporting your data. I do not know of anything that "exports" in the true sense of the word. I think what you want to do is simply use your applications information in a calendar. Jims would do that.
            You can always use a php software to hit your same database...just another thought.

Comment

I did not realize this was in the Desktop forum - sorry!

Comment

Jim Colts calendar is a javascript solution.
                I am not so sure it could not work for something like this.
                The last I looked in almost every version of alpha, it can access ie, chrome, etc.
                In fact I use html files as a means of a help system. I have sent IE with all of my apps since version 7 to be sure it was there. It is ie v6 and works exactly like I want it to. They click help and ie6 pops right up.
                JavaScript usually runs in html.
                Why would it not be possible to install the calendar with the dbf version(assuming here) and when needed, pop up in an ie window? There would be advantages as well, because you could pin it to the task bar and call it on demand.

Charles, I think the two will be running together more and sooner than we think anyhow.
                Dave Mason
                [email protected]
                Skype is dave.mason46

Comment

Codejock calendar is probably the best option
                  http://www.codejock.com/products/calendar/

Comment

Alex,

Did you ever solve this problem?

if so could you tell me how?

I have a similar problem for my company.

thanks !

Jim
                    Truth between candid minds can never do harm. Thomas Jefferson
                    The more I study nature, the more I stand amazed at the work of the Creator. Louis Pasteur

Comment

Jim

No I didn't. In the end, I advised the customer that we would provide a button that exported the data to Excel; and to find some Excel expert
                      to use VBA to write some code so that when he opened the spreadsheet, the data was presented in a meaningful way.

To me, there should be a better way. However, if I compliment Alpha (desktop) on its simplicity to build really good polished applications; then equally so I have to accept
                      philosophically that it isn't perfect, and get on with it.

This way the customer has control over what he wants to see, and we stick at what we, and Alpha are good at, and works!

Kind Regards

Alex
                      www.dbasesolution.co.uk
                      PRECISE360 -
                      LYNCHPIN -

Comment

Working...
                      X