Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

Access denied to our AA subscriptions - anyone else?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Access denied to our AA subscriptions - anyone else?

We are restarting every 30 minutes at the moment just to keep it going. Absolute nightmare. Have called and emailed Alpha and the directors but no answer as yet.

Comment

I feel all your pain. Starting on the 19th our app servers were crashing every 30 minutes. Alpha fixed us early yesterday morning. I had my own thread here on the forum about it but it's been deleted ...interesting.
      Mike Brown - Contact Me
      Programmatic Technologies, LLC
      Programmatic-Technologies.com
      Independent Developer & Consultant​​

Comment

I wish I had read this thread before spending many hours today trying to activate a new license.

Could not show my client what I'd written for them after they had just bought a license

Can someone from Alpha please post in this thread here when all licensing issues are fixed so I can go back to that server and get everything working.

Comment

Originally posted by peteconway View Post
          I say play in your sand pit stay out of our working environments they have nothing to do with Alpha, these are real businesses using real applications - do nothing that effects our clients or us in future.
          Exactly right. It's one thing to charge for a subscription to the developer version. But the WAS should be hands off - period!
          Peter
          AlphaBase Solutions, LLC

[email protected]
          https://www.alphabasesolutions.com

Comment

Wow.....also can't get developer running.

I can understand with pre-release builds but when running the current commercial version this should NEVER happen!

Comment

Same here, not activating for developer. "LicenseNotFound"

Comment

Originally posted by Peter.Greulich View Post
                the WAS should be hands off - period!
                Or at least set it to a long grace period to allow for times like this when the central licensing servers are down.

Comment

According to Brett, "We wrote to Alpha Anywhere users a few weeks ago about our new License Management System which is designed to provide customers with a series of benefits."

I own two copies of AA and never received any notice of these changes. Should have been posted in big red letters here on the board as well as an email or letter or whatever it was they wrote.

I'd like to know what the "benefits" are. I'm having trouble seeing that they are going to exceed the pain and loss of revenue.
                  Pat Bremkamp
                  MindKicks Consulting

Comment

Update - Had Selwyn and Lenny look at this and was sent a DLL which has put a temporary fix on the server. It has stopped going down every 30 minutes. Anyone else running server 2012?

The DLL was placed in the Application server folder overwriting the one that was there and it seems to be working at the moment. Although not communicating with the Alpha licensing servers, it has activated the licence. If anyone wants the DLL, email [email protected] and I will send it to you. This is for V12 and no guarantees, but working for me at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by jacsolutions View Post
                      Update - Had Selwyn and Lenny look at this and was sent a DLL which has put a temporary fix on the server. It has stopped going down every 30 minutes. Anyone else running server 2012?

The DLL was placed in the Application server folder overwriting the one that was there and it seems to be working at the moment. Although not communicating with the Alpha licensing servers, it has activated the licence. If anyone wants the DLL, email [email protected] and I will send it to you. This is for V12 and no guarantees, but working for me at the moment.

What about the developer? Getting the License Server .NET error.

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Bremkamp View Post
                        According to Brett, "We wrote to Alpha Anywhere users a few weeks ago about our new License Management System which is designed to provide customers with a series of benefits."

I own two copies of AA and never received any notice of these changes. Should have been posted in big red letters here on the board as well as an email or letter or whatever it was they wrote.

I'd like to know what the "benefits" are. I'm having trouble seeing that they are going to exceed the pain and loss of revenue.
                        Pat,

I'm not aware of receiving any such notice either.
                        Peter
                        AlphaBase Solutions, LLC

[email protected]
                        https://www.alphabasesolutions.com

Comment

Pat,

I'm not aware of receiving any such notice either.
                          No such notice here either.

I had no intention of bashing Alpha this morning when I got up......but come on...a database management development company that can't seem to put together a decent database for tracking customers and what information is imparted to those customers on a timely basis.

Comment

I'm still worried about what happens to my internal intranet WAS when my external internet connection goes down. What happens then? 30 minutes and than blamo? [sarcasm] Wonderful [/sarcasm]

Comment

Exactly right. It's one thing to charge for a subscription to the developer version. But the WAS should be hands off - period!
                              Alpha has stated in more than one place that if you do not renew your subscription the developer and WAS keeps running but you no longer get updates. I would hope that this recent license server change was an effort to just limit updates to those who where current on their subscriptions and that effort went horribly wrong.

I can fully appreciate Alpha's desire to only allow current subscription owners access to updates but I do agree that a total shutdown of the developer and WAS is not acceptable. Even though I am not one of them there are a lot of very large corporations using Alpha and even a few minutes of not being able to use their applications can cost them millions.

Once the Developer is registered on a machine it should never need to check that registration again. This is should especially true with the WAS. The WAS should only check on first install to make sure its license is valid and it is not exceeded its license count.

All that said, I have my second allowed copy of the developer on a machine that is not normally connected to the internet. It never stopped working and never asked me to put in the license number again. No telling what it will do when I connect to the internet again.

As for the email notice Alpha sent out, I do not recall receiving one either.

Comment

I was wondering if that "Retreiving license information" message that appears when starting AA was something new in the latest pre-releases or if it had just gone by so fast in the past I never noticed. After reading the above posts I set my system clock ahead a couple of days, unplugged the Internet, rebooted the computer and tried to start AA.

Comment

Working...
                                X