Alpha Video Training

Thread: phonegap security login not working?

Member brad.lindsay69@gmail.com's Avatar
    Real Name
    Brad Lindsay

Default phonegap security login not working?

Hi there I have a mobile UX working brilliantly in a browser. I cant get it to work in a phonegap build. It has security enabled and seems to install ok. The component uses a UX component embedded in a security enabled UX component.

I start the app in my phone (Samsung S5) I enter the security credentials ok but when I click the login button - nothing happens. It works perfectly in a web browser and transitions to the embedded UX component but in the phonegap build...nothing.

I've read in a few threads by A5 experts that the security is supposed to work in phonegap ...?

I've attached the additional files that I think I need, I have no idea how to use the debugger...has anyone else been bashing their head against a wall for a couple of hours on this issue and solved it?

EDIT - I was working from home and out of habit using my internal IP address for the phonegap builder, not my external one. The security works now but the save button does not...I'll keep bashing away on this next issue
    Last edited by brad.lindsay69@gmail.com; 07-08-2014 at 07:41 PM. Reason: found one solutions

Real Name
    Brad Lindsay

Default Re: phonegap security login not working?

I love being a noob. I've burnt another 5 hours and I cant get the save button to work on my main app (security looks fine). As I understand this the app, (and the forum threads I've reread 100 times) it is not making ajax call back.

I have created a whole new app to test the functionality and packaged it the PG builder and I can get this to work. Yeah.

The settings look identical but there is obviously something I am missing as I cant get the main app I have spent days building - to save a record (works fine as a web app - and is cool!)

I copied some javascript code from one of the vids into the onAjaxCallbackNotAvailable client side event handler that looks like this.

if(typeof window.plugins == 'object') {
    window.plugins.toast.showSortCenter('Device is currently offline');
    } else {
    alert('Device is off line at this moment'):
    }

I dont even know what this means (I bought A5 as a RAD code free development tool and am now donkey deep in different programming languages, don't get me wrong I love it but its frustrating to the max at times) but sure enough the message 'Device is offline at this moment' pops up when I try to save the record - I cant figure out why when I can get the test app I built to work. Sigh.
    Last edited by brad.lindsay69@gmail.com; 07-09-2014 at 03:57 PM.

Real Name
    Brad Lindsay

Default Re: phonegap security login not working?

I finally got it to work then it didnt here is where I am at.

1) I deleted the afterDialogValidate, ExecuteServerSideAction save data action script, created a new one and republished it, it finally worked after many hours I was able to save a record!!!
    2) I was so excited I tried again, but this time it didn't work, I got an error (I had debugging on the UX component in the ExecuteServerSideAction genie turned on) saying I had a duplicate key. I discovered the form had not refreshed (it refreshes automatically in the web app as I have the Enter Another Record option selected in the After Submit Action in the action script edit thingy)
    3) So then I added a reset.form() after save javascript function (still in the genie) and went back to my app to try this but now I cant connect again.Sigh
    4) I have tried deleting and recreating the ExecuteServerSideAction many times and then testing in my app after each attempt, occasionally (randomly?) after one of these deletion/recreation attempts the app will work and save one record then not work again, the reset.refresh() did not work.

So I can make a data bound PG app from scratch with security and make it work (security is good and it saves new records)but I am still bashing my head against a brick wall to understand why the actual app I had previously spent days building wont save (security looks to be ok)...

Am I the only one having these issues, one of the other threads indicated someone else was having intermittent success but never nailed a solution...

http://msgboard.alphasoftware.com/alphaforum/showthread.php?110301-PhoneGap-How-to-get-my-intranet-Alpha-app-to-work&highlight=phonegap+ajax