New call-to-action

Thread: A Desktop Calendar as Slick as the Web based Calendars using Xdialog {Chrome} Control

Real Name
    James S. Hackney

Default A Desktop Calendar as Slick as the Web based Calendars using Xdialog {Chrome} Control

I was playing around with the new Xdialog {Chrome} control to see what it's capabilities are as they pertain to some of the better jQuery plugins available on the market. It took some time but I finally figured out how to incorporate the new jQuery FullCalendar plugin (v2.02) into an Xdialog with minimal overhead. The results look promising and it appears easier to implement the Xdialog version than using one of the Web Components. I have attached the function I created to link an events table into the calendar and included the supporting files. Have fun and post back how your modifications turn out.

Chrome Calendar.zip
    Thanks,
    James

Real Name
    David pickart

Default Re: A Desktop Calendar as Slick as the Web based Calendars using Xdialog {Chrome} Control

Due to a customer's request I am trying to modify his Alpha Five Desktop Application, adding Calendar capabilities. I am new and just getting started. How would I install you application and add it to a form?

Real Name
    James S. Hackney

Default Re: A Desktop Calendar as Slick as the Web based Calendars using Xdialog {Chrome} Control

David, please keep in mind what I posted is definately not a full blown calendar application but an example of how easy it is to run the popular jQuery plugin on the desktop. In order to develop a fully operational desktop calander, I would suggest the following:

1. Become familiar with the popular jQuery plugin FullCalendar. http://fullcalendar.io/
    2. Determine whether you are more comfortable developing it using the xDialog Chrome Control or using a Web Component that runs on the desktop using an xbasic script. I have developed several calendars using a UX that is accessed through an xbasic function.
    3. Develop the specific xDialog forms or Web Components that will interact with the calendar (i.e. event form). This is not part of FullCalendar although they give you numerous methods and callbacks to interact with their calendar.
    4. Utilize the FullCalendar community. It is actively supported.

On a side note, FullCalendar has had extensive changes since I first published this example. Give me through the weekend and I will update the link with an updated example. If I have the time, I will try and include an example event table with a simple event form. Although, before I do this, it would be helpfull if I knew the answer to question number 2 above so I can tweek my example to match.

If you have any more specific questions, let me know.
    Thanks,
    James