Alpha Video Training

Thread: How to dynamically resize a container when you resize a textarea field inside of that container?

Real Name
    Rick Reeves

Default How to dynamically resize a container when you resize a textarea field inside of that container?

If you have a resizable textarea inside of a container, when you resize the textarea, the textarea expands beyound the borders of the container.

Is it possible to dynamically resize the container holding the textarea?

"Certified" Alphaholic
    Real Name
    Rich Fulham

Default Re: How to dynamically resize a container when you resize a textarea field inside of that container?

Interesting. It works okay for me in Chrome and Firefox: when I resize the TextArea, scroll bars appear as expected. I can expand the outermost frame separately by dragging it larger, so the scroll bars are not needed. But, I have no controls below or to the right of the text area. The only thing below the text area is the toolbar and the window/frame that contains that gets pushed out automatically as the TextArea is expanded. However, IE 11 does not let me resize the TextArea at all!

My TextArea is on a Tabpane in a TabControl on a modal popup grid that uses only the Detail Part of the grid.