Alpha Video Training

Thread: Need to place grid row values into session variables to be accessed by linked child grid

Real Name
    Martin Rall

Default Need to place grid row values into session variables to be accessed by linked child grid

I review the examples, for parent to child transferring row values but, none of them explain how to do what I need to do. I have two linked grids.

I don't need to put html text on the child grid. I need to do something more productive.

I have a button defined in the child grid that calls an xbasic routine which needs some of the row values from the selected row of the parent grid in order to process. I was hoping to put their values into session variables.

Can this be done? If so, how?

Thanks

Real Name
    Martin Rall

Default Re: Need to place grid row values into session variables to be accessed by linked child grid

Really, 30 views an no one knows if this can be done?

"Certified" Alphaholic
    Real Name
    Govindan Gandhi

Default Re: Need to place grid row values into session variables to be accessed by linked child grid

okay I will give it a shot

I have two linked grids.
    assuming you have a parent linked to a child
    in the child table link definition you might want to add all the fields from the parent as linked fields ( you can hide them during display, you will not be able update anyway)
    then those fields should be available in e._currentDataNew sub elements.
    thanks for reading

gandhi

version 11 3381 - 4096
    mysql backend
    http://www.alphawebprogramming.blogspot.com
    ggandhi344@gmail.com
    1 914 924 5171

Real Name
    Martin Rall

Unfortunately, that will not work. My parent list parts form other sites with overstock it is linked on part number. if I link any other fields it doesn't work. The main field I need from the parent is the record ID. I'm thinking the solution is to not link the grids but do a onclick popup.

"Certified" Alphaholic
    Real Name
    Lee Vasic

When you click on the parent row you can do an ajax call-back and set the session variables: Client-side Events\onRowSelect

Real Name
    Martin Rall

Thanks for the help