Alpha Video Training

Thread: UX component with an embedded UX

Real Name
    Graeme Murphy

Default UX component with an embedded UX

I have a a UX component with a linked embedded UX component.
    I have put the embedded component in a container, because I only want it visible under certain conditions. What I have found is that the linking 'stops' under certain depending upon when it is visible. I have not yet figured out the 'pattern' in fact it's alsmost like its random in some respects. Has anyone had this problem or is it a bug?... i.e. what are the rules about show/hide that effect how the linking works between for a UX component emedded in another UX component... any ideas?

Real Name
    Clint

Default Re: UX component with an embedded UX

Quote Originally Posted by gmurph View Post
    I have a a UX component with a linked embedded UX component.
    I have put the embedded component in a container, because I only want it visible under certain conditions. What I have found is that the linking 'stops' under certain depending upon when it is visible. I have not yet figured out the 'pattern' in fact it's alsmost like its random in some respects. Has anyone had this problem or is it a bug?... i.e. what are the rules about show/hide that effect how the linking works between for a UX component emedded in another UX component... any ideas?
    Are you hiding the embedded UX by Show/hide server side expressions?

If so, to get the server side value to change in order to hide/show the embedded UX, a trip back to the server is usually required.

Does the embedded UX need to be constantly visible (except when it should be hidden)? To clarify, if you wanted the UX to be visible must it AUTOMATICALLY be visible OR could you put the embedded UX in a panel (that isn't showing automatically) and then use programmatic panels and buttons to facilitate making the ux "unavailable" when you wanted to "hide" it.

Real Name
    Graeme Murphy

Default Re: UX component with an embedded UX

I did have it all embedded in panel and I was using the 'client side' hide in the menu with a reference to a textbox when to apply it .... I have reworked the page so the show/hides on an embedded component are not required... If I discover what was going on I will post it... Thanks for your comments though