Alpha Video Training
Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Embedded Objects In Mobile App Causing Uncaught Reference Errors

  1. #1
    Member
    Real Name
    Justin Taylor
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Stow, Ohio
    Posts
    31

    Default Embedded Objects In Mobile App Causing Uncaught Reference Errors

    Greetings Alpha Developers,

    I have been trying to determine why embedded UX components are throwing uncaught reference errors in one of the mobile apps I'm working on.

    Mobile app structure:
    Login_UX
    ___Main_UX
    ______Grandchild1_UX
    ______Grandchild2_UX
    ______Grandchild3_UX
    ______Grandchild4_UX

    The mobile app consists of a login UX component with a single embedded 'Main' UX component that has 'Delay render till visible' checked. When the initial login panel card is rendered, there aren't any errors. However once successfully logged in and the embedded 'Main' UX is rendered, any embedded UX components (grandchildren to the login UX) that are NOT set to delay render till visible throw the uncaught reference errors as shown below.

    Strangely enough, these errors don't seem to cause any issues with app performance. Furthermore, all objects listed as undefined seem to work normally which is why I have kept this as a back-burner issue so long.

    Per Google's JavaScript Console:
    Capture.PNG


    Any help getting these errors resolved without having to set all embedded components as Delay render till visible = true would be most appreciated.
    Thanks!
    Justin Taylor

  2. #2
    "Certified" Alphaholic TheSmitchell's Avatar
    Real Name
    Sarah
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,309

    Default Re: Embedded Objects In Mobile App Causing Uncaught Reference Errors

    Do you have any code that references these objects? EG, {dialog.embeddedUX_[alias]}?
    Alpha Anywhere latest pre-release

  3. #3
    Member
    Real Name
    Justin Taylor
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Stow, Ohio
    Posts
    31

    Default Re: Embedded Objects In Mobile App Causing Uncaught Reference Errors

    Quote Originally Posted by TheSmitchell View Post
    Do you have any code that references these objects? EG, {dialog.embeddedUX_[alias]}?
    For interaction between these components(getting/setting values, calling runactions, etc) I typically create unique window variables onRenderComplete for each embedded object such as:
    Code:
    //create window variable so parent dialog can access values from this component
    window['Upload_Corrective_Images'] = '{dialog.object}';

  4. #4
    Member
    Real Name
    Justin Taylor
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Stow, Ohio
    Posts
    31

    Default Re: Embedded Objects In Mobile App Causing Uncaught Reference Errors

    In an effort to get a little more information on this issue I decided to pick one of the embedded components that throws the uncaught reference error and start removing controls one-by-one. I have found that once I remove the image control 'Photo_Image', this component no longer throws the error. Unfortunately as soon and I re-add the image control (even with a different variable name), I'm right back where I started with the component yet again throwing the error.

    While it does feel like this is a step in the right direction in terms of at least knowing specifically which control in the component is having issues, I'm still at a loss as to how to resolve this error since this mobile image upload component is really going to need that image control :P

    Here are some screenshots of the UX and the properties set for the image control
    Capture.PNGCapture2.PNGCapture3.PNG

    As always any fresh ideas would be most appreciated
    Thanks!
    Justin Taylor

  5. #5
    Member
    Real Name
    Justin Taylor
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Stow, Ohio
    Posts
    31

    Default Re: Embedded Objects In Mobile App Causing Uncaught Reference Errors

    I started thinking that this might be an Alpha bug so I successfully recreated this error with a simplified test case. Since Selwyn's first question is usually, "did you try the latest release?", I decided to do so first before creating a bug report. Low and behold, I have determined that this must be an Alpha bug associated with version 2614_4409 which seems to be resolved in 2689_4440.

    Thanks for reading!
    Justin Taylor

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-08-2014, 06:04 PM
  2. Alpha VP of Mobile Bob Moore - The power of HTML 5/CSS3/JScript for mobile App Dev
    By Richard Rabins in forum Application Server Version 10 - Web/Browser Applications
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-14-2010, 09:21 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-14-2010, 09:20 AM
  4. ActiveX challenges: Non-zero based arrays and sub-properties causing errors for tree
    By rmcgaffic in forum Alpha Five Version 10 - Desktop Applications
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-11-2010, 01:59 PM
  5. Encrypting tables causing errors
    By Howard G. Cornett in forum Alpha Five Version 5
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-01-2003, 05:18 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •