Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

Alpha Server 12 Oracle client

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alpha Server 12 Oracle client

Hi
    Is very unpleasant to try to find something on forum.
    I got this
    Screenshot 2015-02-25 15.37.03.png
    on production server.
    I have the A5SQLOracle file in c:\Program Files (x86)\a5V12 ApplicationServer\
    and on c:\windows\system32\ too
    Screenshot 2015-02-25 16.33.49.png
    On developer pc it works on live or working no such message.
    I try to install oracle client but that one ask me for things who don't exist on production and I did not do that on developer server.

the way I'm connected to oracle server is using this on AlphaDAO Connection

A5API=Oracle,A5Syntax=OracleCaseSensitive,A5ProcedureLanguage=PLSQL,A5TraceSQL=Y,Server='XXX.YYY.ZZZ.WWW',Port=1521,Service='ORCL',UserName='myname',Password='secret',A5SpatialImplementation=Locator}

Is anything i can do on Production server to work DAO connection to oracle?
    Thank You

Re: Alpha Server 12 Oracle client

Bogdan,

I believe AA Application Server still need the Oracle Client software to communicate with an Oracle database. Confirm that you have the Oracle - OraClient installed on the production server and that Oracle Net Configuration Assistant program has the "ORCL" service configured to the correct Oracle database.

Roger

Comment

Thank You from answer Roger but after I got that error was to see what i have installed on my developer windows and is not installed on production windows.
      SO in develorper machine (Virtual Machine) I have none Oracle product except Java or one of Office product (OpenOffice 4.1 or MS Office 2007) have inside of them connectors for Oracle.
      I did then a full search after files who have oracle in name in developer machine and then on production machine the list had alot of differences.
      1. Missing c:\Program files (x86)\A5V12 folder where is the production A5
      2. Missing c:\Windows\WinSxS\x86_system.data.oracleclient ..... to long to write it
      and so on
      In wiki say is included on A5 oracle client

Comment

Which version of Oracle are you connecting to? Looks like 10g and express may require some additional DLLs not shipped with AA (near bottom of the link)
        http://wiki.alphasoftware.com/Recomm...Configurations

Comment

Im on 11g so im in this case:
          See also: Oracle Client Installation. In Alpha Five Version 11, we ship the new Oracle 11g client.
          When using the Alpha Five ODBC driver to connect to your Oracle database, you generally must first configure a TNS Name using the Oracle helper application.
          Create a Data Source using the ODBC dialogs.
          Select ODBC as your API (Application Programming Interface).
          Select "Oracle" as your syntax type.
          What is strange is it works on developer (preview, live and browser) and don't work in production. I was thinking is missing client on A5 Server not on A5 developer

I was looking for oraociei10.dll on developer side and this file dont exist on entire c:\ dirive .
          Last edited by dahas; 02-26-2015, 01:16 PM. Reason: add info

Comment

I was looking on ODBC 32 and 64 bit on developer platform and dont see any oracle odbc (same on producion).
            I install http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/da...ft-094461.html
            oracle client 11g v2 and same result.
            I will restart production server (to be sure windows got the client on place).
            I will post later what is the status.
            At his moment not working.

Comment

Client form Oracle web site dont work for A5 or A5 don't know how to work with it.
              To see why working developer and not production I start installing developer A5 on production server.
              I try to buil DAO string connection using Oracle and BAM!!! the new screen come and say you need oracle client do you want to download?
              Screenshot 2015-02-26 21.20.39.png
              Here is the place from wher will download
              Screenshot 2015-02-26 21.21.25.png
              I will hope some else who will try to figure why dont work oracle is to look after this archive and download and then expand the content on c:\Program Files x86\A5V12 ApplicationServer\ (root folder of A5 Server install).
              Tyvm for help Jeff and Roger.

Comment

Things to remember

1. The oracle client needs to be 32 bit otherwise it won't allow AA to connect to it
                2. There are 2 client you can use
                a. Instant client by far the simplest one (smallest, easiest).
                b. Full client (huge bloat ware)
                3. you need to setup a config file called tnsnames.ora. this tells the client where your database actually lives etc
                4. with the instant client I usually include the sqlplus option. this makes testing your oracle config way easier

good luck
                Garth
                (oracle DBA)

Comment

The point was the A5 developer when first try to make a connection to oracle server he detect you don't have the client for connecting to your server.
                  When deploy server version don't get the client and when some one use oracle connection don't work.
                  Thanks for your info.
                  And nice to see some one else who deal with oracle :)

Comment

Be sure to put the oracle dlls on the was server in the windows/system32 dir and also in the program folder.
                    I deal with Oracle too :-)
                    Land of the Free, Because of the Brave
                    Support our US Military

Comment

Where 'tnsnames.ora' file should be placed , when using Alpha V4.1 with alpha provided drivers ? I get error 'ORA-12514'

should some addional definitions to be made ?

[IMG]file:///C:\Users\Ari\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image001.png[/IMG]error.png
                      Ari

Comment

Typically the tnsnames.ora lives under <oracle_home>/network/admin directory for a full client, if you are using the instant client it will normally live in the directory where you installed the software. you will also need to
                        ensure the windows path includes the installation directory. Additionally with the instant client create an environment variable that points to the directory for the containing the tnsnames.ora file.

When using the instant client I always find it helpful to install the sqlplus modules as well... that way you can test the connection to oracle from your client without the added complications of alpha...

Garth

Comment

Working...
                        X