Alpha Video Training

Thread: Legal signatures

Real Name
    Robert Holmström

Default Legal signatures

Hello everyone,

I know Alpha can capture signatures which is a great tool, but I am wondering if anyone has looked into if these sigatures can be classified as legal/binding? I am in need of a lot of document signatures but they have to be at least as legally binding as a documnent signature without witnesses. Maybe it is not a big problem and any digital signature should be more or less legally binding?

Or maybe someone has got eperience of third party solutions with an API that could be implemented in an alpha solution?

Just wanted to see if someone have had the same thoughts and maybe have come a bit further than me!

Robert

Real Name
    Robert Holmström

Default Re: Legal signatures

Found one article, maybe it is time to look into an external solution anyway. Hope there is something out there with a good API, if anyone knows anything please shout.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/25352..._is_legit.html

Real Name
    Clint

Quote Originally Posted by eskimoavenue View Post
    Found one article, maybe it is time to look into an external solution anyway. Hope there is something out there with a good API, if anyone knows anything please shout.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/25352..._is_legit.html
    The acceptance of a digital "Signature", e.g. one they type into a text box your application, should be covered by a button with text on it that asks them to acknowledge by clicking this button their acceptance of your terms and conditions.

This would make their intent legally binding the moment they hit your button and more or less the same thing adobe does when they have you type into a pdf where they post what you type in a cursive font.

It helps if you immediatly email them back a copy with their signature as this reduces the possibitly that someone else is trying to sign your document you've sent to a recipient.

"Certified" Alphaholic
    Real Name
    Lee Vasic

If it's a mobile app I would capture their lon, lat and date and time. That also helps to prove it.

Real Name
    Robert Holmström

Quote Originally Posted by lvasic View Post
    If it's a mobile app I would capture their lon, lat and date and time. That also helps to prove it.
    Thanks, this makes sense!

I think that is my major concern. If I have made a system which captures the signature, I would have full control over the signature and where it ends up. It would be so easy for me to change terms on documents or even connect the signature to another text which makes me think that it would be impossible to get the signature legally valid. I wonder if there are any guidelines on what structure is expected...

This makes me think that a third, independant, party's system would be a much better solution?

Robert