Alpha Video Training
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: how to import data excel from excel file was exported from alpha?

  1. #1
    Member
    Real Name
    Suharyadi
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    5

    Default how to import data excel from excel file was exported from alpha?

    hi all,


    i have grid, i had excel file exported from that grid. after updating data column, i want to importing back to grid in alpha?

    i using action button with action javascript "Import Data From Excel or Ascii file"
    a.jpg

    all field at excel file and grid component is same.
    b.jpg

    i am trying after publish, i can't import. was an error message
    c.jpg

    if i try at working preview, error message is Access is Denied.

    maybe one of you can solve this. thanks before.

    thanks.

  2. #2
    Member
    Real Name
    Michael Cornford
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    East Sussex, UK
    Posts
    884

    Default Re: how to import data excel from excel file was exported from alpha?

    If you have the file open Alpha cannot import it.

    Do you close excel before you try?

    Michael

  3. #3
    Member
    Real Name
    Suharyadi
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    5

    Default Re: how to import data excel from excel file was exported from alpha?

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael1954 View Post
    If you have the file open Alpha cannot import it.

    Do you close excel before you try?

    Michael
    hi Michael, thanks for reply.
    no i did'nt. should i close excel before i do importing?

    if i import on working preview, has error.

    d.jpg
    Last edited by zatuzee; 07-20-2015 at 10:34 PM.

  4. #4
    "Certified" Alphaholic Stan Mathews's Avatar
    Real Name
    Stan Mathews
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Bowling Green, KY
    Posts
    25,119

    Default Re: how to import data excel from excel file was exported from alpha?

    Um, yes.
    There can be only one.

  5. #5
    Member
    Real Name
    Suharyadi
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    5

    Default Re: how to import data excel from excel file was exported from alpha?

    Quote Originally Posted by Stan Mathews View Post
    Um, yes.
    i closed excel file, but still can't import.

  6. #6
    Member
    Real Name
    Michael Cornford
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    East Sussex, UK
    Posts
    884

    Default Re: how to import data excel from excel file was exported from alpha?

    Can you zip the excel file and send it to me cornford.michael@gmail.com

  7. #7
    Member
    Real Name
    Suharyadi
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    5

    Default Re: how to import data excel from excel file was exported from alpha?

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael1954 View Post
    Can you zip the excel file and send it to me cornford.michael@gmail.com
    sent to you. thanks michael.

  8. #8
    Member
    Real Name
    Michael Cornford
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    East Sussex, UK
    Posts
    884

    Default Re: how to import data excel from excel file was exported from alpha?

    I have used your file and it worked first time.


    Here are the things I changed, this is by preference as I found I get less problems if I do that.

    Firstly I saved it as Excel 2003
    Secondly I removed the spaces in the column headings.

    Both of these steps are worth following.

    I then imported the file into MySQL with Navicat and changed the ID fields and qty and amount to Integers the other fields I left as varchar.

    I then looked in the grid and renamed the table to match your table name.

    I finished by building the connection string again.

    Your grid opened and looked sensible.

    The export to excel worked fine, the import from my file also worked fine.

    I tried to import the Alpha export which I had saved by default in 2013. It did not work I got your file name.
    I then saved as Excel 2003 and it nearly worked.

    The columns with correct names imported the others did not.

    Import excel.png

    Michael

  9. #9
    Member
    Real Name
    Michael Cornford
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    East Sussex, UK
    Posts
    884

    Default Re: how to import data excel from excel file was exported from alpha?

    Correction for file name read error message

  10. #10
    Member
    Real Name
    Suharyadi
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    5

    Default Re: how to import data excel from excel file was exported from alpha?

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael1954 View Post
    I have used your file and it worked first time.


    Here are the things I changed, this is by preference as I found I get less problems if I do that.

    Firstly I saved it as Excel 2003
    Secondly I removed the spaces in the column headings.

    Both of these steps are worth following.

    I then imported the file into MySQL with Navicat and changed the ID fields and qty and amount to Integers the other fields I left as varchar.

    I then looked in the grid and renamed the table to match your table name.

    I finished by building the connection string again.

    Your grid opened and looked sensible.

    The export to excel worked fine, the import from my file also worked fine.

    I tried to import the Alpha export which I had saved by default in 2013. It did not work I got your file name.
    I then saved as Excel 2003 and it nearly worked.

    The columns with correct names imported the others did not.

    Import excel.png

    Michael
    but, i'm using sql server 2012, it's the same?

Similar Threads

  1. "Import Data from Excel or Ascii file" Can I insert a my variable in the Success Message?
    By corchi72 in forum Application Server Version 10 - Web/Browser Applications
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-08-2015, 04:44 AM
  2. import data from excel or ascii file
    By Lance Gurd in forum Mobile & Browser Applications
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-03-2014, 09:58 AM
  3. Is it possible to add a calculated field in a exported excel file
    By Reckley in forum Application Server Version 11 - Web/Browser Applications
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-28-2013, 10:57 AM
  4. Import of Excel File
    By Andy Rutland in forum Alpha Five Version 4
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-10-2002, 11:27 AM
  5. import excel file
    By efrain chavez in forum Alpha Five Version 4
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-26-2002, 06:33 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •