Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

Windows 10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Windows 10

i upgraded from 8.1 to 10 yesterday, for a few times it kept saying printer is not activated when in alpha as well as in the published version.
    checked all installed printers, everything was still there. to see if i have problems with other printers, i printed a test page from notepad that worked and then all of a sudden alpha printers worked too. it is possible amyuni printer may have needed something, not sure. other than that no problem so far.
    thanks for reading

gandhi

version 11 3381 - 4096
    mysql backend
    http://www.alphawebprogramming.blogspot.com
    [email protected]
    1 914 924 5171

Comment

Originally posted by GGandhi View Post
      i upgraded from 8.1 to 10 yesterday, for a few times it kept saying printer is not activated when in alpha as well as in the published version.
      checked all installed printers, everything was still there. to see if i have problems with other printers, i printed a test page from notepad that worked and then all of a sudden alpha printers worked too. it is possible amyuni printer may have needed something, not sure. other than that no problem so far.
      I had exactly the same issue, resolved it by running the patch update with administrative privileges. I don't normally update this quickly but have heard good things and so far they have all turned out to be true!
      Glen Schild

My Blog

Comment

Windows 10 Tip: Importing Firefox bookmarks.
        IE10 will only import bookmarks from Internet Explorer, but Internet Explorer does not see Firefox either! So what to do?
        Problem is Internet Explorer does not see Firefox either by design (war, anyone?).
        So we need a proxy to accomplish this... Chrome!

1) Install Chrome just to import favorites from Firefox.
        2) In Cortana type IEXPLORE and hit enter.
        3) From Internet Explorer import bookmarks from, you guessed it... Chrome!
        4) From IE10 import bookmarks from Internet Explorer.
        5) You now have bookmarks from Firefox.
        6) Uninstall Chrome if you wish.

Seems like Microsoft still hates Mozilla.

Hope that helped!
        Rapid Development, Training, Support
        http://data2web.network
        903-740-2549

Comment

Originally posted by mvaughn View Post
          Windows 10 Tip: Importing Firefox bookmarks.
          IE10 will only import bookmarks from Internet Explorer, but Internet Explorer does not see Firefox either! So what to do?
          Problem is Internet Explorer does not see Firefox either by design (war, anyone?).
          So we need a proxy to accomplish this... Chrome!

1) Install Chrome just to import favorites from Firefox.
          2) In Cortana type IEXPLORE and hit enter.
          3) From Internet Explorer import bookmarks from, you guessed it... Chrome!
          4) From IE10 import bookmarks from Internet Explorer.
          5) You now have bookmarks from Firefox.
          6) Uninstall Chrome if you wish.

Seems like Microsoft still hates Mozilla.

Hope that helped!
          Haha, thanks Michael that works like a charm.
          Alpha Anywhere v12.4.6.5.2 Build 8867-5691 IIS v10.0 on Windows Server 2019 Std in Hyper-V

Comment

oops, my brain fart! I meant to say Edge instead of IE10, but glad it worked for you! :)
            903-740-2549

Comment

I have Alpha 5 v11 and have found that if you install Alpha it locks onto your OS version and won't work. I recently re-installed v11 onto my laptop and what you have to do is install any patches that Alpha might have for your version of Alpha. I installed the patched and it wasn't locked onto my OS anymore and it worked smoothly :)

Comment

Hi James and welcome to the forum. Thanks for the tip! I'm sure that will help others.
                903-740-2549

Comment

what I've had to do during the windows 10 insider process is go to the C:\Program Files (x86)\a5V11\AmyuniV4 (or whatever version you're running) and right click on InstallAmyuniPrinters and choose run as administrator. when it's done, you will be able to click the pdf icon in the report preview toolbar and have the report generated.

Comment

In my test V10 runs fine in Win 7 compatibility mode. V11 and V12 run fine without the need to use compatibility mode. When installing any of my apps I have the installer register all required dll and ocx files so there is no need to run Alpha as Administrator to get them or the Amyuni printers installed and running.

Edit... Just noticed this is for the web side. I do not do web app with Alpha.

Comment

We get calls from our V10 users every day after they have upgraded to Win 10, the upgrade switches their PCs to English US and messes up the dates in our system, it also breaks Adobe Reader and the Amyuni PDf printer. The V10 engine will then only run if set to compatible Win 7 and then run the first time as Administrator. If we load a V11 engine then this resolves these issues, no way can our users continue with our systems without further support from us. Extra work we could do without.

Michael

Sorry, thought this thread was version V10, will switch to a V10 thread
                      Last edited by Michael Humby; 09-10-2015, 02:08 PM. Reason: Wrong thread

Comment

Thread is open to any version, really. Feel free to comment about anything pertaining to Windows 10 and is programming related.
                        903-740-2549

Comment

I've just started researching using my A5V11 developer and A5V11 App Server. I'll have more later. But this morning I noticed that if I set the Developer program to "Run as Administrator" and then try to open a database file that I can't see my mapped drives. I keep my database on a shared folder and then map the "S" drive to this folder. When I develop in this database I want to make sure to use the mapped "S" drive so that all the pointers in the program will be correct. I've noticed in the past that if I open the database on the local un-mapped folder and then make changes the drive letter changes in the application and things get messed up. So, I was concerned that I could not see my mapped "S" drive.

I tried opening a database in the Runtime version and it could see the mapped "S" drive just fine. So I closed down Runtime and took a look at the launcher icon. This launcher is not set to run as administrator. So, I changed the Developer launcher/icon and removed the setting to run as administrator. I then opened the Developer program and tried again to browse to the mapped "S" drive. This time I was able to see the "S" drive and open my database using that drive letter.

So, when in "Run as Administrator" mode I can't see the mapped drives. Does any one know why?

Sean

Comment

Originally posted by seaken64 View Post

So, when in "Run as Administrator" mode I can't see the mapped drives. Does any one know why?

Sean
                            No but I have the same problem if I run it in admin mode. Must be a windows access thing. Fortunately I do not need to run A5 "as administrator".

Comment

I've been reading the forum and some seem to suggest W10 will require running as administrator. I haven't started developing/changing my database yet using this W10 box. But I want to start doing so soon. I was just wondering what the risks are. I'll back everything up before I start. Here's hoping W10 will work fine with A5V11. The Runtime seems to be working fine.

Sean

Comment

Sean,
                                I don't think there is anything to worry about.

Some of the people I deal with are having issues with edge, but same with IE11. That affects me too, but should have nothing to do with alpha web or desktop apps. They are to do with a tool used in other languages for web Pages, not apps. Stuff constantly blinking when it is not supposed to on the front end of a page or just not showing at all?? It's called Bootstrap and mostly has to do with getting the right settings.
                                Dave Mason
                                [email protected]
                                Skype is dave.mason46

Comment

Working...
                                X