Alpha Video Training

Thread: Rich media

Real Name
    Eric Chase

Default Rich media

I am curious about the implementation of rich media that is presented as one of the great new capabilities of tablet optimized forms as I have not seen any of Selwyn (or anyone else's) videos explaining its use. I am looking to capture video and save it to Amazon S3. Where should I start? Is there a new action JS that accomplishes this? Is it in the list control? I read in an earlier post from an Alpha insider in the mobile and browser sub-forum that data-bound video was coming and it was going to be "amazing." Is this that? Aside from the general interest part of this, I am really interested in finding a way to add video capture. So, a starting point would be great. (A seminal 4 minute Selwyn vid would be outstanding).

Alpha Software Employee Sarah Mitchell's Avatar
    Real Name
    Sarah Mitchell

Default Re: Rich media

Quote Originally Posted by ecalan View Post
    I am curious about the implementation of rich media that is presented as one of the great new capabilities of tablet optimized forms as I have not seen any of Selwyn (or anyone else's) videos explaining its use. I am looking to capture video and save it to Amazon S3. Where should I start? Is there a new action JS that accomplishes this? Is it in the list control? I read in an earlier post from an Alpha insider in the mobile and browser sub-forum that data-bound video was coming and it was going to be "amazing." Is this that? Aside from the general interest part of this, I am really interested in finding a way to add video capture. So, a starting point would be great. (A seminal 4 minute Selwyn vid would be outstanding).
    Data bound video and audio are being added to the List Control. They are control types for a character field.

videoCaptureList.png

For the detail view, you can specify "Video capture and storage properties" which are used to populate the settings for the new "Video Capture for List-Detail View" Action Javascript in PhoneGap applications:

videoCaptureAJ.png

Send me a PM if you're interested in testing this functionality.
    Sarah Mitchell
    Documentation | Alpha Software Corporation
    Get in the know! Join us for our Weekly Webinars: TransForm Tuesday and Wednesday's Alpha Anywhere Demo and Q&A
    Connect with us: Instagram | Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn | YouTube