Alpha DevCon 2018

Thread: Error after duplicating sample tablet app UX control and changing a formview

Real Name
    Doug Evenhouse

Default Error after duplicating sample tablet app UX control and changing a formview

Hi,

I am attempting to use the sample tablet app as a basis for a new UX. I am able to successfully duplicate the sample control but when I try to update an existing formview to use, for example, a different data source, I get errors. I tried to work around the errors but even deleting the existing formview and creating a new one yields errors when I try to save the changes. The error complains of a missing property named IArr[]. Screenshot attached.

Any ideas what the problem might be?

AATablet_formviewError.PNG

Alpha Software Employee Beta Spark's Avatar
    Real Name
    Sarah Mitchell

Default Re: Error after duplicating sample tablet app UX control and changing a formview

Quote Originally Posted by dougeven View Post
    Hi,

I am attempting to use the sample tablet app as a basis for a new UX. I am able to successfully duplicate the sample control but when I try to update an existing formview to use, for example, a different data source, I get errors. I tried to work around the errors but even deleting the existing formview and creating a new one yields errors when I try to save the changes. The error complains of a missing property named IArr[]. Screenshot attached.

Does this happen in any UX or just in the sample application when your change the data source for one of the existing FormView controls?
    Sarah Mitchell

Looking for answers? Try our documentation.
    If you can't find something, let us know!

Real Name
    Doug Evenhouse

Default Re: Error after duplicating sample tablet app UX control and changing a formview

Quote Originally Posted by Beta Spark View Post
    Does this happen in any UX or just in the sample application when your change the data source for one of the existing FormView controls?
    I have not tried changing the data source for other FormView controls yet. The problems I was having were only occurring in FormView controls inside a duplicate of the sample UX component.

I have since moved on and now instead of duplicating the sample I am building from scratch and using the sample for reference only. So far this approach seems to be ok.

Real Name
    Sarah Mitchell

I have not tried changing the data source for other FormView controls yet. The problems I was having were only occurring in FormView controls inside a duplicate of the sample UX component.

I have since moved on and now instead of duplicating the sample I am building from scratch and using the sample for reference only. So far this approach seems to be ok.
    When you say "duplicate the sample UX component", are you copying the controls out of one UX and pasting them into another ux?
    Sarah Mitchell

Real Name
    Doug Evenhouse

Quote Originally Posted by Beta Spark View Post
    When you say "duplicate the sample UX component", are you copying the controls out of one UX and pasting them into another ux?
    After adding the "TabletForm_Sample_App_V1.a5mcmp" file to a project, I right-click on the file in AA and select the "Duplicate" menu item. This allows me to make a copy of the component and give it a new file name. I was having trouble working with the duplicated component.

Real Name
    Ken Carroll

Me too...never could change anything and have it work...only served as an "example" of some ideas, but not useful to me to try to modify the data source or change any field names, etc.

I tried again today, to simply correct the field name BreakPadRR to agree with the rest of the correctly spelled fields for the rest of the BrakePads, I did everything I could to be careful to give the field the correct editor, change the name in the List and in FORMVIEW3, etc., but no matter what I do, such a simple change as correcting the spelling in the sample...does not work for me. I figured if I were to get THAT working with such a simple change, I could move on to creating the exact same fields in a SQL database to be loaded into the List so I could synchronize and save the edits. Then, of course, I would be able to move on to modifying the sample app for use in inspecting a house and not merely an automobile.

Previously, I attempted to change some of the dropdown items...you would think that should be a simple modification to encourage me to attempt larger ones, but so far, to date, though, I can use some of these ideas in my own practice apps, making modifications to the sample app has not been possible...(apparently too "hardwired" to play around with).
    Last edited by kctermite; 09-18-2015 at 05:51 PM.

Real Name
    Sarah Mitchell

Hi,

Hi Doug,

There was an issue where opening the FormView and then clicking OK to close it would cause an error message to appear. To get around it, you had to open the CSS tab in the FormView builder and edit the local and entire UX css (adding a space in each) before clicking OK. Today's build contains a fix for the issue, so the workaround should no longer be necessary. Could you test this out in today's build and let me know if things are working for you?

Thanks!
    Sarah Mitchell