Alpha DevCon 2018

Thread: license for tablet-optimised beta application server?

Real Name
    Marius M.

Default license for tablet-optimised beta application server?

Hi, I can't find the question for this anywhere, sorry if it's been answered already.
    I just installed the tablet-optimised beta AA and the beta AA server on a separate machine than my regular laptop. It accepted my license number for the AA, but the application server is in demo mode.
    Should I use my regular server licence to activate it? Can I keep my production server activated and use the same license number on the beta server, will they both stay activated, or is there any other way to activate the beta server?
    It is easier to get older than wiser

Alpha Software Employee Beta Spark's Avatar
    Real Name
    Sarah Mitchell

Default Re: license for tablet-optimised beta application server?

Quote Originally Posted by mariusm View Post
    Hi, I can't find the question for this anywhere, sorry if it's been answered already.
    I just installed the tablet-optimised beta AA and the beta AA server on a separate machine than my regular laptop. It accepted my license number for the AA, but the application server is in demo mode.
    Should I use my regular server licence to activate it? Can I keep my production server activated and use the same license number on the beta server, will they both stay activated, or is there any other way to activate the beta server?
    Hi Marius,

You can install the beta build and the production release on the same machine in different folders, but you would need to share the license number between both installs. Activating the beta install would deactivate your production installation (and vice versa.)

Hope that helps.
    Sarah Mitchell

Looking for answers? Try our documentation.
    If you can't find something, let us know!

Real Name
    Marius M.

Default Re: license for tablet-optimised beta application server?

Hi 'Beta', it doesn't help but it does answer my question. I was hoping there is a way to try the Beta server without giving up on my production one. I can understand the reasoning behind it though, the beta seems to be a full, regular AA application server but with added functionality, you wouldn't want to give that away for free even if it is a beta version.
    I hope your activation is done automatically, I would hate to be the guy doing it if you have a lot of beta testers switching their activation between the production and the beta release all the time.
    It is easier to get older than wiser