Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

Create new user and add additional information

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Create new user and add additional information

Hello,

I'm very new to Alpha software and am struggling to use the provided templates to create a form to register a new users with very little extra information an assign a role. I'm trying to save the extra info on a separate table called UserData.

Has anyone got a good example on how that works?

Many thanks for your help.

Regards,
    Luan

Re: Create new user and add additional information

Overly complicated response -deleted.
    Last edited by CharlesParker; 11-02-2015, 09:17 AM.
    NWCOPRO: Nuisance Wildlife Control Software My Application: http://www.nwcopro.com "Without forgetting, we would have no memory at all...now what was I saying?"

Comment

One last thing, and you may find it more valuable is to watch the Alpha Videos on this subject FIRST as they make it easier to understand than me
      http://www.alphasoftware.com/video-l...earch=security

This is what YOUR really asking for, btw
      NWCOPRO: Nuisance Wildlife Control Software My Application: http://www.nwcopro.com "Without forgetting, we would have no memory at all...now what was I saying?"

Comment

Luan ....

I too am a bit of a novice when it comes to configuring sercurity. I have just been tackling the issue of adding security and user information. There is a series of videos that I found useful.

From the Web Control panel open "Videos" on the menu bar and filter on "Security". The first 4 videos (D_SF1 - D_SF4) deal with creating and editing various aspcts of Security and User accounts.

I found I had to play them a few time to get the hang of how it works but got there eventually.

I got hold of some additional Xbasic code to enable the user's secrutiy details to be deleted. If this is what you want to do let me kow and I'll post it.

Good luck

John
        John

Currently Using Alpha ver 12.4.4.4. Build: 4346; Addins: 4889 against MySql databases

Church Job Finder
        A Church of England Enabling Recruitment Partner "Right People, Right Place, Right Time"

Comment

Charles and John,

Many thanks for your reply. I've watched the videos and thought I was following them, but got stuck.

John, if you have got sth working, I'd appreciate if you could post/email them to me.

Thnx again.
          Luan

Comment

The error I get is in the screenshot

error.PNG

Comment

Originally posted by ljaupi View Post
              Charles and John,

Many thanks for your reply. I've watched the videos and thought I was following them, but got stuck.

John, if you have got sth working, I'd appreciate if you could post/email them to me.

Thnx again.
              Luan

Mine is running off a MySql Registered Users table that has Name; Job Role, Tel and Email etc., with the security tables converted using Alpha to run in MySql. The UserName field in the Registered Users table is used to link to the UserId field in the websecrurityusers table. Here are the components: the Resistered Users list (it is a grid) and the UX that is used to update/delete the user's security. There is also a button to Add a new User. This uses another UX New_Registered_User (also included in the Zip file)

L_Diocese_RegUser_01.11.15.zip

You will need to make alteratons to the connection string to make is work with your tables, however, you should be able to see the Xbasic function "deleteSecurity" that is called from the OnClick event for the Remove "X" button on the UK "Update_User_Security".

Hope that helps.

John
              John

Currently Using Alpha ver 12.4.4.4. Build: 4346; Addins: 4889 against MySql databases

Church Job Finder
              A Church of England Enabling Recruitment Partner "Right People, Right Place, Right Time"

Comment

John,

You're a star! Your help has made me move forward with the security part.

Many thanks for your help.

Best,
                Luan

Comment

Lian ............

A bit of tidying up .....

On the Update user Security UX there is the facility to delete the security details and set the username in the Registered User table to Null. When the Red X is clicked to delete the security details the UX closes and a message asks to confirm deleting the security details. Selecting "Yes" deletes the security details and sets the Username in the Registered Users table to "Null" however the grid was not updating the Username Field.

This can been solved by adding the following to the Client Side afterAjaxcallbackComplete event:

Code:
                  var po = {dialog.object}.getParentObject();
                  if (po) {
                  po.refresh();
                  }
                  The grid will now refresh and show the Username as blank as it has been set to "Null".

Hope that helps.

Cheers

John
                  John

Church Job Finder

Comment

Lian .....

A bit more tidying up ....

Use this code instead as it will refresh just the row and not the whole grid:

Code:
                    //Get a pointer to the parent component object that opened this UX.
                    var po = {dialog.object}.getParentObject();
                    if(po) {
                    var rowNum = po._selectedRow;
                    po.refreshRow(rowNum);
                    }
                    Should provide a smoother operation.

Cheers

John
                    John

Church Job Finder

Comment

Working...
                    X