Alpha Video Training

Thread: Two Factor or similiar

Real Name
    Alan Owen / Toby Burton / Jamie Eccott

Default Two Factor or similiar

One of our clients wants us to introduce two factor authentication and we are struggling to provide a solution as we use the Alpha 5 security framework.

One thought is to get the user to enter their username and then click authenticate, this would generate a random password and insert it into the sql table, this would then be emailed to them (or via sms), when they received it, they could then enter it in the password field and login.

Has anyone performed anything similar or has any experience of linking to any third party software.

I have looked at the previous threads and that it has been added to the ideas list, but we need a solution to go back to the client with.

Thanks

Alan.

Real Name
    Clint

Default Re: Two Factor or similiar

Quote Originally Posted by jacsolutions View Post
    One of our clients wants us to introduce two factor authentication and we are struggling to provide a solution as we use the Alpha 5 security framework.

One thought is to get the user to enter their username and then click authenticate, this would generate a random password and insert it into the sql table, this would then be emailed to them (or via sms), when they received it, they could then enter it in the password field and login.

Has anyone performed anything similar or has any experience of linking to any third party software.

I have looked at the previous threads and that it has been added to the ideas list, but we need a solution to go back to the client with.

Thanks

Alan.
    This is on my list to do and when I do it. I'd do something similar to what you suggested.
    1. Person logs in
    2. Random # generated and sent vis SMS to their phone/email
    3. Automatically, after first log in, load a Second log in page which is requesting the random #
    4. If they match the random # sent, continue to main menu (what existed prior to 2 factor authentication)
    5. If they do not match, redirect them to an error page for help