Alpha Video Training

Thread: Embedded Grid Dilemma

Real Name
    Scott Binger

Default Embedded Grid Dilemma

Hi All -

I have a dilemma I hope someone can help out on. I have a UX with an update-able embedded grid. The anticipated behaviour is that the user would open the UX, populate several textboxes and subsequently add/update records via the embedded grid. The embedded grid has one field that can be updated called, "VehicleMake". The field is a drop down and the user selects the vehicle make - honda, toyota, hyundai, etc... Now the dilema: in the UX, I would like a single field that stores the records entered as follows, "Honda, Toyota, Hyundai" In other words, it aggregates the data from each of the grid records in a single field.

Thoughts?

"Certified" Alphaholic
    Real Name
    David Kates

Default Re: Embedded Grid Dilemma

Is the grid showing all records associated with the UX record? What's the relationship between the UX and the grid?

Just curious... why an embedded grid?

If there are several grid rows showing for the UX record, then you could, from the UX, get a pointer to the grid child and loop through the rows grabbing the VehicleMake.

If you want to update your single UX VehicleMake field from the current Grid row as you add/update it, then get a pointer to the UX parent and concatenate the current VehicleMake value to the UX VehicleMakes control.