Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

My application close itself after I open it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My application close itself after I open it

Most likely alphas security is turned on. I do not use that, but others do.

You really need to share your app with Ray or someone so they can help you sort it out.

All programmers do NOT do security things the same way, but some of us know how to figure it out and fix the issues. Sometimes real easy and sometimes not so easy.
    Dave Mason
    [email protected]
    Skype is dave.mason46

Comment

Freesix,

Here are the first of the problems. The app you sent me is the "Distribution App", not the "Development App".
      What I men by that is all of the scripts and functions have been compiled into "CRM.AEX" and then those scripts and functions where deleted from the database so they are no longer available to view or edit.

This is why you cannot find the Autoexec script. There is also a custom function he wrote that may have something to do with logging in and his custom security. The name of that function is Init_System and is called on the "Main" screen OnInit Event.

So the app you are working on has been set to not allow you access to any of the scripts and functions you need access to in order to work on the app.

The old programmer either gave you the wrong set of files by accident or it could have been on purpose.

At any rate the application you have is not editable. You need the development application where the scripts and function have not been complied into and AEX file and then deleted from the "Code" tab. Unless you can get the development database application from the previous developer, you are basically dead in the water.
      Last edited by preston2; 03-07-2016, 04:20 PM.

Comment

Preston,

Perhaps Freesix mistakenly sent you a copy of the wrong database. Instead of a copy of what's on the production server, he should have sent you the "source files" his predecessor gave him.

No one has mentioned the possibility of restoring a good backup yet. Hopefully, one is available.

For most of us the standard practice is to create a good backup before making modifications, right ?

-- tom

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cone Jr View Post
          Preston,

No one has mentioned the possibility of restoring a good backup yet. Hopefully, one is available.

For most of us the standard practice is to create a good backup before making modifications, right ?

-- tom
          I backup so much that I have backups of backups and stored on 3 different drive plus on the cloud.

If Feesix did send me the wrong db by mistake, all I should need is his CRM.??? files from the source.
          Last edited by preston2; 03-07-2016, 08:07 PM.

Comment

Preston, I think you'll need the ADB, ALB, ALM, ALX files

Comment

Thanks guys for helping me, I read your comments.

Sorry Preston2, what I have sent you is the one that was in production (in the server), so it could be the compiled version.

But there's another one that he was working on it to add that new feature for the Marketing Department, he also showed me where to find it.
              I think that could be the source.

I did not even know that there was a source and compiled version of that.
              The only thing I know is the two Edition of alpha five. (The Runtime and Developer)

Let me upload it, then I'll publish the link.

Thanks in advance !!!
              Last edited by freesix; 03-08-2016, 06:04 AM.

Comment

Hi guys,

Below is the link for the Development App.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_...U1FaURIeHh4MVk

Comment

Freesix, I Requested access as spoforum

Comment

There is no compiled anything in alpha
                    server should be the data and application files to run it only
                    Dave Mason
                    [email protected]
                    Skype is dave.mason46

Comment

Originally posted by DaveM View Post
                      There is no compiled anything in alpha
                      server should be the data and application files to run it only
                      Dave, you can compile all scripts and functions into an .AEX file and then remove them from the code tab. That is what I was talking about.

Comment

Sorry guys, I didn't realize.

I just turn it to PUBLIC. now you'll be able to download it.

In fact, I also tried to delete that AEX file from File/Workspace Properties and run the App... but unfortunately the App was still displaying that login/password window.

Comment

Unfortunately the CRM.adb is totally void of all scripts, functions, menus and tools bars.
                          The CRM.Aex file is dated 3/28/2014 so you need to find the CRM.ADB file that is dated around that same time or before.

Hopefully you did not permanently delete the source CRM.??? files.
                          You may need to look in your recycle bin

Comment

Originally posted by preston2 View Post
                            Dave, you can compile all scripts and functions into an .AEX file and then remove them from the code tab. That is what I was talking about.
                            I know that. But why???

There is a tool in the code archive that you can do it and undo it from the aex. I tested it a few versions ago and it worked fine.
                            Dave Mason
                            [email protected]
                            Skype is dave.mason46

Comment

That would be fine and dandy if the original developer had used that tool so it automatically made backups of the adb, alm and alx files. But he did not so Freesix is now stuck with an app he cannot edit or fix unless he can find the source of those files that have not had all the scripts and UDF's deleted from Or find a working backup of the whole app.

In one of his post above he stated that he was just adding some buttons and then it stopped working and started shutting down when you logged in. If he was just adding buttons then that is impossible because the login is fired by calling the UDF init_system() from the Main windows OnInit.

If you run the init_system() UDF it acts like it is running into an A5.Close() somehwere. Problem is there is no access to view or edit the UDF.

Comment

Good day !

Unfortunately the CRM.adb is totally void of all scripts, functions, menus and tools bars.
                                I also noticed it that's also the reason I stopped using it and start working on the one that were in the Server, I mean the one you said is the compiled/distribution version.
                                This : (https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_...kZuMFd4NEY1NVE)

I don't know where can I find that source because the ONLY source he gave/showed me was that one I pasted on my previous post (Development App)

Anyway, let me suggest an idea.

I tried to comment that "Init_System()" with a ( ' ) in the OnInit Event, of Main Form,
                                and when I run it, it didn't display that login/password window. (That's great !!!)
                                So the login window that was blocking was bypassed.

If we can write a new one, I mean a new login/password window to replace we could solve the problem instead of trying to look for that aex source.

It's just a suggestion !!!

Comment

Working...
                                X