Alpha Video Training

Thread: Dynamic Image in List...

Real Name
    Joe

Default Dynamic Image in List...

Hi All...

So I have a dynamic image in a list that changes based on the value of a field in the list. The field is also on the Detail View. I'd like to hide the field in the list and just show the icon but I don't see an option for this. It seems redundant to have the field and the icon. Any suggestions on how I can hide the field?

Thanks....
    Joe
    Never take a ride to the edge of your mind unless you've got a ticket back - Jon Oliva - Savatage.

"Certified" Alphaholic iRadiate's Avatar
    Real Name
    Stephen

Default Re: Dynamic Image in List...

Well, if I'm following your logic, you can have a field in the list but you don't have to put it in the list layout. Your conditional image can still reference the field even though it's not in the list layout.

Real Name
    Joe

Sorry if I didn't explain myself well...here is a screenshot of what I want to accomplish in a List control. This was image is from a Grid I had created. If you notice the field State is not listed in the Search Results. Only an Icon is shown that indicates the State the account is in. When I try to do the same thing in a List Control it doesn't work. It seems/I think I have to have the State field in the list in order to have a dynamic image. I'd prefer to not have the field in the list. Seems redundant and I don't see how you can have a hidden field in the list.

Screenshot from 2016-05-17 15:52:08.png
    Never take a ride to the edge of your mind unless you've got a ticket back - Jon Oliva - Savatage.

"Certified" Alphaholic iRadiate's Avatar
    Real Name
    Stephen

Joe,

You could try setting the column width in the list from flex(n) to 0px. It will still be there but should make it not visible.

2016-05-17_17-28-51.png

Still I'm not sure why you can't just not have the field in the layout. Have a look at these screenshots, I have a list set up with dynamic images with conditional expression images and the field is not in the layout.

2016-05-17_19-01-50.png 2016-05-17_19-06-57.png 2016-05-17_19-09-02.png 2016-05-17_19-10-54.png

Hope this helps.

Stephen
    Last edited by iRadiate; 05-17-2016 at 07:16 PM.