Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

wf.xbasic subelement not found while publishing.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wf.xbasic subelement not found while publishing.

Just got this error, latest build as of 09/21/2016 - 3670_4684.

Script: a5_publish_comp_low() line:100
    Property not found
    wf.xbasic subelement not found.

I was two levels down level because a ux was acting weird. I've reworked it.

I updated the server to build 3670_4684 (current as of today) and did the same for the developer GUI.

I'm trying to publish the whole application. Publishing stalls with the above error, however I can independently publish Grid_Transactions (see image.)

I edited Grid_Transactions so it was dirty, saved, and same outcome.

I even bypassed grid_Transactions, I get the same error so chances are it is not in that grid.

Publish ALL, clear publishing history, ... I've tried the various combinations.

Alpha_Error.png
    Carl ~ Dallas, TX
    I'm so old that pool balls came with Roman Numerals

Re: wf.xbasic subelement not found while publishing.

is there an edit-combo look-up in that grid?
    NWCOPRO: Nuisance Wildlife Control Software My Application: http://www.nwcopro.com "Without forgetting, we would have no memory at all...now what was I saying?"

Comment

An Auto-Suggest lookup field which is very close to an edit-combo.

The grid will publish by itself, but when I publish ALL, it gags.

Good clue though, I will tinker in that area.

Carl
      Carl ~ Dallas, TX

Comment

It consistently breaks at grid_Transactions. So I renamed grid_Transactions to xxx_Transactions.

I publish all files, and it STILL BREAKS ON grid_Transactions even though their isn't a grid_Transactions file! D'OH!

I eliminated the Tabbed_UI. Same error.

There are other components that reach for grid_Transactions (filtered) so even if I rename the grid, the name is still out there.

Puzzling.Alpha_Error.png
        Carl ~ Dallas, TX

Comment

The error wf.xbasic not found can occur under 2 conditions
          1. The component was copied back into the project from a published location. A published grid does not contain any of the meta data needed to open in the builder and will not have that property. The only solution is to restore a backup copy
          2. The component is corrupted and failed to save properly when last edited. This is far less likely, but it may be possible to open the component in the builder and resave. If the component won't open, a backup would need to be restored

Normally, the component name in the dialog is the current component being published. However, it is possible the dialog did not refresh before the error occurred and the name is the component that was just published and the actual component with the error is the next one to be published. The fact publishing that component individually works suggests that is the case. The find the actual component that is corrupted, you can publish one component at a time. You could also show the list of files to be published, and find the component listed just after "grid_transaction" and test that first.

Comment

I definitely did NOT copy it back from a published location.

I suspected the next and prior ones in the list in the Developer GUI. I picked up, dirtied, saved, it and the 8 around it in the list. Nope.

I had checked the box to PUBLISH ALL. Nope. I tried Publish All and Clear Publishing History. Nope.

I changed it to publish only Selected files, did a SELECT ALL and then unchecked/eliminated "grid_Transactions" and several on each side around it in the web component list.
            I got the same error on "grid_Transactions" per the image!

Yet I can publish grid_Transactions independently without issue. Same for those around it. I selected grid_Transactions and 5 on each side which published properly.

The problem appears to be when I select to publish ALL or Select a large number of files to publish.

It is not hampering customer or user work, but being unable to Publish ALL concerns me when I update the Server with newer versions. If I can't PUBLISH ALL I am running the risk of having a mix of releases.

Yet another Alpha mystery to invade my dreams!

Carl
            Dallas
            Last edited by CarlMPearson; 09-27-2016, 04:43 PM.
            Carl ~ Dallas, TX

Comment

OK, now I'm suicidal. I'm the culprit. I did it. Mea Cupla. Mea Alpha Culpa. Mea Culpalpha.

I had a TEMP directory with one component. Guess its name? grid_Transactions.
              Not that old, but I obviously was making my own backup for some reason and parked it in folder, TEMP, in the project.

When I went to publish the whole project, it gagged on the OTHER grid_Transactions.
              Had the error message included the folder, or complete path, it would have bitten me on the nose.

I deleted the offending file and all is good.

The old "More than one instance of the same file name" trick rides again.
              Last edited by CarlMPearson; 09-27-2016, 05:38 PM.
              Carl ~ Dallas, TX

Comment

Glad you got it sorted and thanks for sharing!
                NWCOPRO: Nuisance Wildlife Control Software My Application: http://www.nwcopro.com "Without forgetting, we would have no memory at all...now what was I saying?"

Comment

Working...
                X