Alpha Video Training

Thread: List Control( How to select the Top Parent view after saving the Child List)?

"Certified" Alphaholic
    Real Name
    Jetson Lilibeth

Default List Control( How to select the Top Parent view after saving the Child List)?

How do I select the parent list view after saving records on the child list? The reason for this is that, when I edit a record on the child list and tried to synchronize, it says that it wont save because there is no record selected on the parent list. After saving on the child list, the user has to select any record on the parent list first before editing it, even though the record is already displayed on the child list detail view ready for edit or deleting.

Real Name
    Norman K

Default Re: List Control( How to select the Top Parent view after saving the Child List)?

Jet: Did you ever figure this out? It seems I have the same issue: After saving a record in the child list the record in the corresponding parent list is de-selected. Why it's happening on some mobile devices and not others is a big question, but right now I just want to see if I can use javascript in the "Save" button event to re-select the parent record.

"Certified" Alphaholic
    Real Name
    Jetson Lilibeth

Default Re: List Control( How to select the Top Parent view after saving the Child List)?

Quote Originally Posted by nlk10010 View Post
    Jet: Did you ever figure this out? It seems I have the same issue: After saving a record in the child list the record in the corresponding parent list is de-selected. Why it's happening on some mobile devices and not others is a big question, but right now I just want to see if I can use javascript in the "Save" button event to re-select the parent record.
    I'm sorry not yet, until now it is my problem.