Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

JavaScript not working in components of a published a5w page.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JavaScript not working in components of a published a5w page.

After testing the web components in working and live preview they work. After publishing the pages with the components they no longer work. They show up on the page, however the javascipt in the components do not work. Also the the preview for the a5w page does not render the page at all it comes up with an http 500 error. After a couple more tries the a5w page preview shows but with script errors.

2016-11-14.png

Re: JavaScript not working in components of a published a5w page.

would you please tell how you created the a5w page?
    you can, in the component itself save as a5w page and save it to test again, to see if all working.
    thanks for reading

gandhi

version 11 3381 - 4096
    mysql backend
    http://www.alphawebprogramming.blogspot.com
    [email protected]
    1 914 924 5171

Comment

The error message does not tell a lot, but perhaps the "diminishing halves" method might help.
      Make a backup copy of the component, then take half the controls off of the component and see if it works. If it does, add half of the remaining controls back and test again. if it still works, add half of the remaining controls back until you find the offending control (button, etc).
      Then let us know what that offending control is.
      Hope this helps.
      Jay
      Jay Talbott
      Lexington, KY

Comment

I created a blank a5w page. Then I added my html. At this point everything is good. Then I used the insert component button to add the component. I put the code in the head and the other code in the div in the body. Saved it and the published it. No matter what component I used I have the same problem. Even if I use a basic list. I also downloaded a component from Alpha video site and still the same problem. To trouble shoot the problem I created a a5w page from the ux builder for the component and got the same problem. Are there some settings that need to be checked. This seems to be a pretty basic task.

Comment

Have you tried restarting the server? Something might just be locked up.

Are you publishing locally and they also fail there or just on the server?

Comment

I am publishing locally. I'm on a trial license. I was wondering if that may be the problem.

Comment

Being on a trial license should not matter. Are you updated to the latest version?

Also, what browser are you using? You should try it in Firefox with the Firebug add-on loaded and running. That will give you the best way to see any javascript errors.

If that fails, you might want to try reinstalling the software from scratch and make sure you run the installation as ADMIN. It's possible a server component did not install correctly.

Comment

I know it doesn't help much more than to echo the other comments - something isn't right. I have been using Alpha for a few years now and came into this knowing nothing. I am on the forums almost everyday, and I have yet to seen an error like this, meaning "nothing works"
                What "code" are you adding to these pages?
                I add some javascript to the head for tracking but other than that nothing. I just insert and publish (setting security of course)
                Also, one last thing.
                I got this same exact error very recently when I had forgotten a ";" symbol at the end of a calculated field expression I wrote. So I would check to see if there is something going on when you COPY and PASTE code because I had another similar experience when I pasted in something into the ondialog initialize event from another component where the very first letter in the sentence was not copied or pasted. In other words the code was supposed to be "dim var ----" but it pasted as "im var" and left the d off.
                SO I would pay special attention to the code you paste to be sure it's all there as expected. Good luck - you'll get it!
                NWCOPRO: Nuisance Wildlife Control Software My Application: http://www.nwcopro.com "Without forgetting, we would have no memory at all...now what was I saying?"

Comment

Charles, from what I see, he isn't doing any javascript. The error is simply coming up from putting a UX or a Grid inside an a5w page. ANY UX or grid.

That's why I think he may need to reload Alpha from scratch as Admin.

Comment

it is really annoying when simple things that should work but they won't.
                    i would create a simple a5w page with nothing but ?"hello world" on it and publish and see if it works. if it does then
                    i would create a simple ux with a button that emits an alert('hello world'); and place that ux in this page and see if it works. if it works then you go on to complex stuff. if they won't then post back i am sure someone can identify the problem.
                    thanks for reading

gandhi

version 11 3381 - 4096
                    mysql backend
                    http://www.alphawebprogramming.blogspot.com
                    [email protected]
                    1 914 924 5171

Comment

That's correct I did not do any javascript. I will try to reload alpha an start all over and see what happens.

Comment

What Version/Build of Alpha are you working with?

Although you can embed a component into an A5W page yourself, you don't really need to. Open your component in Design, and the click Save Page in the menu bar. An a5w page will be created for you.

Post a component and it's associated a5w page for others to test to see if it's a problem with the files or with your environment.

Comment

David, he tried that already. It still didn't work.

Comment

Without knowing the Version/Build and without a test component... not much can be done. It's all just guessing.

What does the chrome or firefox debugger report?

Comment

I am not sure this is relevant but I just posted a new thread at http://www.alphasoftware.com/alphafo...net-connection.
                              That details the failure of a submit button javascript when the only server is the local host and there is no remote internet connection active. Maybe the same or maybe different problems.
                              Irwin

Comment

Working...
                              X