Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

Multiple Google Charts on a page layout issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiple Google Charts on a page layout issue

I have a page layout builder which loads into the home page of a tabbedui. It contains several ux components that each have a google chart displayed. Up until now it has worked perfectly. Now it is hit and miss as to which if any, of the charts display whenever the page is loaded/refreshed.

All the individual charts work in their respective ux components but when I tried to run in working preview from the page layout builder Alpha crashes.

Before I consider reporting this to Alpha has anyone else seen this?

Many thanks

Glen
    Glen Schild

My Blog

Re: Multiple Google Charts on a page layout issue

Are you sure you are passing the refresh back to "child UX"?

Have you thought of using a viewbox to define the DIV's you require and populate them insitu?

The beauty of the viewbox is you can have multiple templates so resizing and changing the charts is seemless.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael1954 View Post
      Are you sure you are passing the refresh back to "child UX"?

Have you thought of using a viewbox to define the DIV's you require and populate them insitu?

The beauty of the viewbox is you can have multiple templates so resizing and changing the charts is seemless.
      Hi Michael

Yes refresh is passing back. I have thought of a viewbox but at the moment I just need to figure out why it has suddenly stopped working.

Cheers

Glen
      Glen Schild

My Blog

Comment

What build are you using - when to yo apply it - if the build has not changed the timing may have - you may need to delay the google section from firing until the data arrives..
        Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
        Albert Einstein, (attributed)
        US (German-born) physicist (1879 - 1955)

Comment

Originally posted by peteconway View Post
          What build are you using - when to yo apply it - if the build has not changed the timing may have - you may need to delay the google section from firing until the data arrives..
          Should have mentioned in first post that this appears to have started at the same time as updated to the latest version 4107-4820 but I see there is a new patch, so will apply that this evening and see what happens.

Thanks

Glen
          Glen Schild

My Blog

Comment

Glen,

Did you get this resolved yet? I'm having the same issue.

Andrew

Comment

Hi Andrew

Yes and no... I reported this to Selwyn and he confirmed that they have changed the way the google visualization library is loaded, in this instance the library is loaded when the first ux is loaded and is not reloaded for subsequent components, Selwyn confirmed there was an issue because the afterGoogleVisualization event is not firing on subsequent loads.

Also I was only loading the specific library for the chart in the component and Selwyn has recommended that each component loads all libraries. In my example the first ux loaded and used the corechart library and the next component used the table library which would never load from the second component.

Just waiting for the afterGoogleVisualization fix to appear in the next patch.

Cheers

Glen
              Glen Schild

My Blog

Comment

Thank you for the answer Glen. I'll be watching for that fix in the patch as well.

Comment

Glen, did this ever get resolved, as at Dec 13 2017 I am running the latest version of AA but can't get more than one Google Chart to render when adding multiple UX's (each with a Google Chart) to a page layout or by embedding each UX into a single UX.

Comment

Working...
                  X