Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

is this only happening to me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is this only happening to me?

Hi,

why is something so simple can become so complicated!

I have a list in a ux, I used the genie to create the search and detail view.

when i loaded the list the first time all my records were loaded. I apply a filter

and it worked. my problem now is that if I clear my filter it is stuck on what was filter,

it does not reload all the data to the list. The funny thing is that I put a record count at the top

and it shows after clear filter 174 records but still only shows the record I filtered.

I shut down the server, closed Alpha, restarted Alpha and when I open that ux I only get 1 record showing

The one that was filtered. I think my head is going to explode, I am spending way to many hours trying to debug

stuff that is supposedly done for us by the genie.

174.png

Re: is this only happening to me?

What code are you using to clear the list filter?

Something like this should work:
    Code:
    {dialog.object}.getControl('LISTNAME').clearSearchList({searchMode : 'auto'});
    Alpha Anywhere v12.4.6.5.2 Build 8867-5691 IIS v10.0 on Windows Server 2019 Std in Hyper-V

Comment

That is exactly what I have and its not working.

{dialog.object}.getControl('INSPECTIONLIST').clearSearchList({searchMode : 'auto'});

v4.3.2 Build: 4119_4825

Comment

Under 4119, via the List Genie, all this is working for me... filtering... clearing the filter. Post your UX... there must be something else going on. I won't be able to run it, but I'll be able to see the code you have running. Any Javascript errors? The Search Part tab has a section for Placeholder debugging. Have you put that in place?

Comment

Hi David,

here is the component, I tried to redo the list but keeps
          doing the same thing.

inspectionCamionUx.zip

Thanks
          Sylvain

Comment

seems like restore local data or a persist of some sort is going on...
            NWCOPRO: Nuisance Wildlife Control Software My Application: http://www.nwcopro.com "Without forgetting, we would have no memory at all...now what was I saying?"

Comment

This is what i was thinking and i removed persist to local storage shut the server down closed the application and its still there.
              i am thinking i will have to start from scratch again.

Comment

I'm not seeing the issue here. What database are you using... and what version of the database?

You'd have to clear local storage from the browser to ensure a fresh start.

What browser are you using?
                Last edited by Davidk; 03-14-2017, 02:12 PM.

Comment

Using Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2

I tried chrome explorer and firefox, but just going from working preview to live preview it only shows one record.

I dont want to waste anybody time on this, I might just redo the UX and hope.

I tried to redo the list in a new ux and it worked fine, search and all, I copied the list into my ux, all the same names, recreated the search with the genie, map all the fields and it did the same thing. this is why i think i might just redo all of the ux from scratch and do a preview everytime i add or change something to catch whatever i did wrong.

thanks for looking at it.
                  Sylvian

Comment

I know now what is causing the problem but dont know why,
                    in my list query if i remove all the image everything works fine,
                    as soon as I add one image to the list query the clear filter stops working, If you try to do a liste
                    with binary image fields i would bet you will get the same error as me.

here is a video i did to show the error: https://youtu.be/X8uhoOwyv84

Sylvain
                    Last edited by samyot; 03-14-2017, 04:57 PM. Reason: added a video link

Comment

Out interest did you change the property type of the field in the ux to image?
                      Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
                      Albert Einstein, (attributed)
                      US (German-born) physicist (1879 - 1955)

Comment

Yes i did and it does not make a difference. my original ux all the image field were image type.

I sent the problem to Selwyn, did not get a response back yet. It would be interesting to see if anyone can
                        replicate the same problem.

Sylvain

Comment

I've been able to determine the nature of the issue. The following must be true to duplicate:

List Control : Persist data to Local Storage
                          Include an Image control in the List SQL Statement (this does not have to be shown in the List Layout)
                          The SQL Statement must involve more than one table… e.g. INNER JOIN

I have 4 UX Components:

No Local Storage with Image : Clear Search works
                          Simple Select with Image : Clear Search works
                          Complex Select with No Image : Clear Search works
                          LS, Complex Select, Image : Clear Search does not work

Comment

Here I am... writing this stuff out in the last post... and it never occurred to me that too much data was going into Local Storage.

Selwyn confirmed that this case is not a bug... but that with images (and who knows how many rows)... you're going far beyond the 5Mb allowed. The initial display is fine because Local Storage is not used on first display... it's not needed. Doing anything to the List after it's first displayed and Local Storage kicks in. You first filter the List and only a few rows are stored. Then you clear the filter and all rows attempt to hit Local Storage... and that fails... too much data.

Comment

Holly cow...

I just turned the paginate data on and Bang it resolved it. It makes sense now. thanks for all your help and I am sorry to have taken you time on this.
                              Let just say I learn everyday and will not make this mistake again.

Thanks a lot
                              Sylvain

Comment

Working...
                              X