Alpha Video Training

Thread: List with detail view switching records after save and sync (after update to build 4254)

Real Name
    Jmo

Default List with detail view switching records after save and sync (after update to build 4254)

Has anyone else noticed that lists with detail views seem to be acting weird after you save data to the list and it syncs, specifically rather than the record you are currently on staying selected a different record gets selected after the sync. I think it may only be occurring on lists that have client side group breaks setup but I could be wrong (just haven't been able to get it to occur on a list without group breaks yet). Don't want to turn in a bug until I know others are seeing the same thing and it's not just a setting that is messing things up.

"Certified" Alphaholic
    Real Name
    David Kates

Default Re: List with detail view switching records after save and sync (after update to build 4254)

Agreed... I see the same... when "Has Client-side group breaks" is checked. The selected row is several rows down from the synced row after a sync. Confirmed in the most recent pre-release as well. Also confirmed this does not occur when the Client-side groups breaks is off.

Real Name
    Jmo

Default Re: List with detail view switching records after save and sync (after update to build 4254)

Finally for once I'm not crazy! As always thanks for the quick response! Hopefully they'll put out an actual patch and not just fix this in a pre-release as I prefer not to run pre-releases in production (but if I have to I will because this is confusing the crap out of my users haha).

"Certified" Alphaholic
    Real Name
    David Kates

Did you report it?

For now, you can work around this by saving the current row of your List before the sync. In the code for the sync button...

Code:
    {dialog.Object}.__currRow = {dialog.Object}.getValue('LIST1');
    {dialog.object}.saveListEdits('LIST1',{rows: 'allRows'});
    And then... in the List Detail View tab, in the Client-side Events section, afterSynchronizeList event...

Code:
    setTimeout(function(){
    	{dialog.Object}.setValue('LIST1',{dialog.Object}.__currRow);
    },50);
    This didn't work out quite as I expected. Without the timeout, the current row is still not set... stuff is just happening too fast. So a 50ms delay seems to do it.
    This just does a .setValue() on the List control, using the {dialog.Object} namespace variable that holds the current row.

Real Name
    Jmo

I did just report it, unfortunately trying to implement this fix in my entire application would involve adding this code to 35+ lists which at this point would be way to time consuming. Hopefully the bug will be fixed quickly and a new release will be out before it comes to that. Thank you for the code as reference though, will be happy to know its here if there isn't a speedy fix.

"Certified" Alphaholic Lance Gurd's Avatar
    Real Name
    Lance Gurd

Anyone know if this has been fixed yet? Driving me crazy!

Real Name
    Jmo

It's been fixed in the pre-release, still some issues when you run a refresh on a list that causes records to be filtered out (rather than the record you had selected before the refresh occurred staying selected, a different record gets selected), but it looks like this unrelated to the save and sync issue.

"Certified" Alphaholic Lance Gurd's Avatar
    Real Name
    Lance Gurd

So not a safe fix then?

Real Name
    Jmo

I'm running it in production now, some minor bumps along the way but decently stable.