Alpha Video Training

Thread: How do I get current user group in javascript client side in persistent login template

Real Name
    Amit lohogaonkar

Default How do I get current user group in javascript client side in persistent login template

Below sample code is working in persistent login mobile template on my android mobile(mobile app/not a web app) which is great! but I need additional condition to get current user security group on client side and then activate panel based on a group. How do I get current user group in javascript client side in persistent login template?(not server side)

if(token != '' ) {
    //token is present and not blank
    //(we don't know if the token is valid or has not expired as the token cannot be decoded on the client-side)
    //(we will only find out if the token is valid when an ajax callback is made to the server)

//since token was present you can take the user directly to the application panel [PANEL_APPLICATION].
    //must also add the token to the UX state object so that it gets sent back on all Ajax callbacks
    {dialog.object}.stateInfo['token'] = token;
    //alert(Context.Security.GetRoles()); here I want to get user group(player or coach) and then based on this I will activate panel(player embedded ux panel or coach embedded ux panel)

{dialog.object}.panelSetActive('PANEL_APPLICATION',false);

//TIP: If you want to implement a client-side login, you could take the user to the client-side login panel
    //rather than to the [PANEL_APPLICATION] panel. If the user then successfully authenticates at the client-side login panel
    //you would then set focus to the [PANEL_APPLICATION] Panel.
    } else {
    //token not found or is blank - user must log in
    {dialog.object}.panelSetActive('PANEL_LOGIN');

}
    Last edited by amitloh; 07-05-2017 at 09:01 PM.

Real Name
    Amit lohogaonkar

Default Re: How do I get current user group in javascript client side in persistent login template

I found a workaround-
    I set serverside-
    e.control.Label1 = Context.Security.GetUserRoles()
    and then

var mygroup={dialog.Object}.getValue('Label1');
    if(mygroup == 'Players')
    {dialog.object}.panelSetActive('PANEL_APPLICATION',false);

"Certified" Alphaholic
    Real Name
    David Kates

Default Re: How do I get current user group in javascript client side in persistent login template

You need to allow for a user to be a member of more than one group. If your user belongs to more than one group (e.g. Players and Admin) your logic will fail.

Real Name
    Amit lohogaonkar

Thanks David! I almost missed this. For now It will work as user is only player or coach but I will add contains js condition later.
    Its amazing that with few lines of code now I have login, reset, forget, menu and persistent login in alpha.
    Now I am moving to core functions. Hope to have few lines in core too.