Alpha DevCon 2018

Thread: Zebrahost Service

Real Name
    Robert Hoggan

Default Zebrahost Service

What can I say best hosting service out there, just had to flag this up.....

Moving and updating may server package with Zebrahost and there is always the stuff you forget and the little issues with connections and dBase transfers and the like that need sorted.

Well Zebrahost have been there when I needed help with the setup all day today..........yes today Saturday, with quick response and as always great communication.

I have said it before on this forum, some things are worth an extra few dollars and Zebrahost is one them.

For Alpha hosting Zebrahost is it no contest.

Robert

Real Name
    Greg Taylor

Default Re: Zebrahost Service

I couldn't agree more......first class people and first class service

"Certified" Alphaholic
    Real Name
    eric

Quote Originally Posted by gregincolumbus View Post
    I couldn't agree more......first class people and first class service
    Agree Zebrahost does it job well since many years, general / question is Zebrahost the only one the does the job, NO.
    I wonder why people always write these short of line compliments to ISP, the forum should stay objective and not become a dating site or are the discount coupons?.
    Neither should Alphasoftware only put one ISP in the daily SUN there is no need with todays infrastructure, developers should be able to pickup from a ISP list, and then may the win.

m2p

"Certified" Alphaholic Ted Giles's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ted Giles

Did you know you can self host AA WAS?
    Ted Giles
    Example Consulting - UK

https://exampleltd.example-software.com/
    See our site for Alpha Support, Conversion and Upgrade.

"Certified" Alphaholic
    Real Name
    eric

Yes, That is correct but AA these days has more focus on enterprise as they claim by there self, none the less a one man shop can not host that by it self in his garage (i do not mean u) a simple Windows VPS will do the stuff but i think not every developer has enough knowlegde how to beside cost and time. Hosting a vps is less cost but ..... u ommit the service !!

Real Name
    Peter Greulich

I wonder why people always write these short of line compliments to ISP, the forum should stay objective and not become a dating site or are the discount coupons?
    Agreed. It's rather silly.

Real Name
    Robert Hoggan

They did a good job during a weekend day, I was doing nothing other than showing my appreciation, and no they didn’t pay me or give me discount nor am I seeking any.

As for silly, I have read a lot silly stuff on this forum most of it complaining or moaning about this or that, If I am being silly at least it with something positive.

Real Name
    Dave Mason

I have as good of a service with my hosting provider at 3:00 AM on a Sunday and usually all is taken care of before I get offline with them using their chat service.
    That kind of service is pretty general these days. Ones who don't give the service go downhill fairly quick.
    Most of us know Clive does a great job though, especially on alpha.
    Don't think they would be much help to me with Linux servers.
    Dave Mason
    dave@aldaweb.com

Skype is dave.mason46

"Certified" Alphaholic
    Real Name
    eric

[QUOTE=bobby123;727162]They did a good job during a weekend day, I was doing nothing other than showing my appreciation, and no they didn

Real Name
    Robert Hoggan

I wasn't trying to open up a discussing here on ISP good, bad and ugly, I have had used a lot of ISP's over past 20 years and in my personnel experience there overall service has been average to terrible and that includes some of the big IPS companies out there.
    However, all that said I was only flagging up service that for a number of reasons was way above what would normally be expect I was not looking to start a full-blown debate on the IPS industry.

I simply praised someone for doing a really good Job for me but point take I will keep my opinions to myself in future.

"Certified" Alphaholic Ted Giles's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ted Giles

Your opinion is valued, however at the prices charged, the service is entitled to be impeccable as standard.
    Like Dave, my hosting service for apps is superb and answers are provided almost immediately if I need to go beyond the excellent FAQ's and Help system. At $100 per year unlimited everything and the very latest SqlServer, one click installs for many free addons -like Joomla-and free Cloudflair, I'm very happy.
    Nowadays, 24/7 service is the norm with hosting companies, as they need to cover the world, not just a small part of it. The day and time make no difference to the service level.
    Ted Giles
    Example Consulting - UK

https://exampleltd.example-software.com/
    See our site for Alpha Support, Conversion and Upgrade.

Real Name
    Robert Hoggan

Ok Ted you convinct me that I am not spend my money well, who is this ISP who offers all this for 25 cents a day?

Real Name
    John Willems

I believe Ted, like myself, uses SmarterAsp for our hosting service. Tech support is top-notch, full range of features, etc. I pay about $8 per month. I have a couple of add-ons above the monthly fee such as SSL and a static ip address. That roughly adds another $4 per month. Those are requirements for a credit card processor I use otherwise I would not incur those costs. In addition to other sites I have a small business site that CloudFlare tells me gets about 100,000 page hits per month. Performance is stellar with many customers comments about the performance and speed.

Keep in mind these comments are about the hosting service.