Alpha Video Training

Thread: Incorporate Stripe CC processing in v.11?

Real Name
    Dave Weisbart

Default Incorporate Stripe CC processing in v.11?

Nine years ago, I created what has turned out to be a successful Alpha Five implementation to handle registration for the Southern California Junior Bach Festival (an all-volunteer 501(c)(3) non-profit). Now the Board of Directors has asked me to create on-line payment of teacher fees. Basically, this would be a once-a-year $10.00 teacher fee for participation in the program. I would need to insert a field in the teacher profile record that would contain verification that the fee had been paid, then test for that field each time the teacher logs on. That part is no problem for me.

However, I'd be over my head, I fear, in trying to implement Stripe CC processing. (My brain isn't what it was nine years ago. :-/ ) First question is, can this work with A5 v.11? If so, would any of the consultants here be available to help me implement this? It would need to be in place and debugged by November 1. If so, please PM me with an estimate for your consulting fee.

As you can gather, this is probably the simplest e-commerce requirement possible: one item, one price, no refunds, and just returning a variable that indicates a successful transaction, which I can plug into the teacher's record in the database.

Future consulting work is also on the table. Thanks.

"Certified" Alphaholic CharlesParker's Avatar
    Real Name
    Charles Parker

Default Re: Incorporate Stripe CC processing in v.11?

IF you want a REALLY low code option - you can create a stripe account (that's actually pretty simple) and then sign up for an account at EmailMe Forms. You can create a very simple form there, and use your stripe account for the transaction. All you will have to do is use the embed code to embed the form, this is about as low code as you can get and will not require much more than your time and not much AS know how. I do beleive stripe implementation could be done in V11 as it's pretty much an xbasic call BUT if you do not know what to do, it will be difficult. I think you will find it much easier to use a prebuilt option such as EmailMe - of course that might make keeping track of the verification a bit harder but it can be done from EMforms.
    NWCOPRO Nuisance Wildlife Control Software-My Application: http://www.nwcopro.com "I am not discouraged, because every wrong attempt discarded is another step forward."

Real Name
    Dave Weisbart

Thank you, Charles, for the reply. As long as their form can pass back my user's ID with the transaction confirmation, that could be viable. I would prefer to have as few sites as possible involved, if for no other reason than giving the teachers (customers) a strong sense of security. But I will keep that in mind. Thanks again.

"Certified" Alphaholic CharlesParker's Avatar
    Real Name
    Charles Parker

There is also this site which seems more closely integrated with stripe
    https://www.cognitoforms.com/features/stripe-payment
    NWCOPRO Nuisance Wildlife Control Software-My Application: http://www.nwcopro.com "I am not discouraged, because every wrong attempt discarded is another step forward."

Real Name
    Dave Weisbart

Thank you for that referral, too. But I'm afraid the issue of retrieving the transaction completion (with error handling, etc.) in Javascript/JSON so that it can be submitted to my A5 form is still beyond me. Still looking for someone who can program this job start to finish.