Alpha Video Training

Thread: set label with current login username without writing too much of a code after login in ux lable

Real Name
    Amit lohogaonkar

Default set label with current login username without writing too much of a code after login in ux lable

set label with current login username without writing too much of a code after login in ux label. Need to know best possible way in AA web application. I have out of box login page where I do not see any code that I can write and after that redirect to UX where I need to set this label with current username.
    Last edited by amitloh; 09-12-2017 at 06:14 PM.

Real Name
    Amit lohogaonkar

Default Re: set label with current login username without writing too much of a code after login in ux lable

I tried to set default value of lable-
    https://www.alphasoftware.com/alphaf...User-in-XBasic

2. As Mike responded, you can dim the result into a variable if that's what you want but you don't necessarily have to. For instance you could have a textbox on a control and simply set it's default value to:
    Code:
    = Context.Security.CurrentUser

Real Name
    Amit lohogaonkar

Default Re: set label with current login username without writing too much of a code after login in ux lable

I tried ondialoginitilize in UX

e.control.label1 = "Jones" but does not work.

"Certified" Alphaholic
    Real Name
    Govindan Gandhi

e.control.control_name will get you the content for the control.
    if you want to change the label itself to the current user then you will need to do that with
    document.getElementById('your_label_id').innerHTML = Context.Security.CurrentUser; ( a5ws_getCurrentUser() may also be used)
    thanks for reading

gandhi

version 11 3381 - 4096
    mysql backend
    http://www.alphawebprogramming.blogspot.com
    ggandhi344@gmail.com
    1 914 924 5171

"Certified" Alphaholic iRadiate's Avatar
    Real Name
    Stephen

I use something like this in an xbasic function

e.control.Label = "Current Logged-In User = " + Context.Security.CurrentUser

You might also try your code in the onLogin event instead of the onDialogInitialize. e.username is available at that point.
    Alpha Anywhere v12.4.6.1.3 Build 6232-5386 IIS v10.0 on Windows Server 2019 Std in Hyper-V

Real Name
    Amit lohogaonkar

Thanks Gandhi and Stephen. I have out of box login control and I do not see any event for that.
    Gandhi-
    document.getElementById('your_label_id').innerHTML = Context.Security.CurrentUser; ( a5ws_getCurrentUser() may also be used)
    In which event or section shall I use this code on my initial UX after OOB login control let user login? is it document.ready js?

"Certified" Alphaholic
    Real Name
    Govindan Gandhi

once you are logged in then the user name is available everywhere you want using either context.security.currentuser or a5ws_getCurrentuser() ( for me it is the latter)
    you add this to the serverside onDialogExecute event of the ux/dialog concerned.
    thanks for reading

gandhi

version 11 3381 - 4096
    mysql backend
    ggandhi344@gmail.com
    1 914 924 5171

Real Name
    Amit lohogaonkar

Thanks Gandhi.

Real Name
    Amit lohogaonkar

Hi Gandhi,

I am not getting set label metod on diaglogexecute. I have label called label1

I have below sample on diaglogexecute which lets me execute js and state variable-
    function onDialogExecute as v (e as p)
    'Request - The Request object. Includes Request.Variables, which should be used instead of the older e.rv construct
    'Session - The Session object. Should be used instead of the older e.session construct
    'Inside e:
    'e.tmpl = Component definition
    'e.rtc = Runtime calculations - you can use this to store data to be passed to other server side events (Note: the 'rtc' object cannot be used to persist state information - i.e. you can't set a value in rtc and then read that value in a subsequent callback. To persist state info see e._state).
    'e.arguments = SQL::Arguments object with values for each of the arguments defined in this component. To read a value from arguments: e.arguments.find("argumentName").data

'To specify any javascript that you want to execute set the e.javascript property. For example:
    'e.javascript = "alert('hello');"

'You can set 'state' variables in this event. The value of any state variables will be available in all subsequent ajax callbacks.
    'To set a state variable:
    'e._state.myvar1 = "value1"
    'e._state.myvar2 = "value2"

'To read the value of a 'state' variable that was previously set:
    'e._state.myvar1

end function

Real Name
    Amit lohogaonkar

e.control.Label = "Current Logged-In User = " + Context.Security.CurrentUser

You might also try your code in the onLogin event instead of the onDialogInitialize

This works for my first ux after login. But I have another ux getting loaded as well. I do not get this on my second ux.

"Certified" Alphaholic
    Real Name
    Govindan Gandhi

dialog.execute runs every time the dialog is brought up including the first time, however the dialog initialize will run only when the dialog is run first time. ( dialog execute fires before initialize event)
    the way to do is
    dim user as c
    user = a5ws_getCurrrentUser() or context.security.currentuser
    dim cmd as c
    cmd = "document.getElementById("label1").innerHTML=" + user + ";"
    e.javascript = cmd

or simply
    e.javascript = "document.getElementById("label1").innerHTML=" + user + ";"

note: i am just writing the code out of my head, later on i will test this for you.
    thanks for reading

gandhi

version 11 3381 - 4096
    mysql backend
    ggandhi344@gmail.com
    1 914 924 5171

Real Name
    Amit lohogaonkar

e.javascript = "alert('hello');"

e.javascript = "document.getElementById('SAMPLEUDASHBOAR.LBL.R1.LABEL1').innerHTML='hello';"
    above works but when I do below it does not give unexpected token. Almost close

'e.javascript = "document.getElementById('SAMPLEUDASHBOAR.LBL.R1.LABEL1').innerHTML= " + context.security.currentuser +";"

Real Name
    Amit lohogaonkar

works!! thanks Gandhi.

e.javascript = "document.getElementById('SAMPLEUDASHBOAR.LBL.R1.LABEL1').innerHTML='" + context.security.currentuser +"';"

"Certified" Alphaholic iRadiate's Avatar
    Real Name
    Stephen

Good stuff. Ghandi, your ideas are always great!

The way I do this is to use an intermediate a5w page where you can set the login user as a session variable
    Code:
    session.UserID = a5ws_getcurrentuser()
    Then redirect to the logged in page and you can use the session variable anywhere you like in your application.
    Code:
    response.redirect("home.a5w")
    Alpha Anywhere v12.4.6.1.3 Build 6232-5386 IIS v10.0 on Windows Server 2019 Std in Hyper-V

Real Name
    Amit lohogaonkar

thanks Stephen.